Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-02-19 6:06 PM
in reply to: #7714

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boise Idaho
Subject: RE: Why do you TRI?
You will do great! Wow, that is sooooo cool. 11 years old and can run,bike,swim me under the table! future pro triatlete here? I think so! Jack.

2004-02-19 6:14 PM
in reply to: #7714

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Why do you TRI?
This is a great thread, Reading all your stories is so inspirational. I have to say that there are a lot of people who look at me like I have two heads when I mention that my daughter is doing triathlons. I even had one mom say, jokingly(yeah, right) that it was like child abuse! But my daughter is so excited to get her season started. She said not long ago that it was like triathlon was made for her. She has been swimming since she was young and has always excelled in the distance events. Because she has been swimming so long, we were looking for a way to diversify her training. Swimming can get pretty boring, so adding the running and cycling has helped to break the monotony. One of greatest benefits of triathlons so far has been the boost to her self esteem. I think she is more proud of her muscular build than she used to be. And I know that doing triathlons makes her feel "different" in a good way. I do wish she had more kids to train and race with. I am hoping that she will meet more kids who tri this season.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Why do you TRI? Rss Feed  

of 2