Sunny
Total Time = 5h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

woke up ate two yogerts and two eggs around 700 calories
Event warmup:

got there and the first person I see is Dave G (that rhymes) talked with him a bit,, he gave me some good info on rally's since this was my first.. Then he reminded me that lots of these roads he has ridden and parts of it were from our BT group ride a month ago. Even though it wasn't a race that reassured me that if I got off track it's not like I'm out in the jungle or something.. which later proved helpfully.. Found Jon, Karen, Brian & Chris. and suddenly they were announcing for us to circle the track
Bike
  • 5h 00m
  • 80 miles
  • 16.00 mile/hr
Comments:

We started off on the race track which was fun,, everyone was going high up on the banks, I went up for a few seconds just to say I did it.. then we were off.. I didn't see Jon, Karen again to the finish,, Chris and I rode a bit together maybe the first ten miles, we laughed at a guy with headphones and a backpack yelling at everyone then Chris informed me that he was yelling at us.. oh well we wished him a nice day and I made a mental note to make a vodoo doll of him for later.. CHris was ahead of me and then I never saw him again,, I guess he stopped at the first stop for a bio break but I never saw him or his bike,, it wasn't until the end that I remember he didn't have his tri spokes on him bike so I was looking for the wrong wheel set.. I was playing leapfrog for a long time with a lady on a very nice Felt tri bike,, then I saw Chris a bit.. For the most part I was riding solo which is not bad until I missed a turn but i think quite a few people did since I was seeing people on the other side of the road coming back,, then the road ended.. uh uh get out the map and back track. After that I was too cautious slowing way down and worried that I'd get lost again.. which I did.. I didn't realize I was on the same road that we were on in the beginning so when I saw arrows pointing left on the road I went left after riding alone a long ways I started to think I'd seen all this before but I wasnt' sure if it was from the ride with the other BT'ers last month but then figured out that I was doing the out loop again.. after that I really slowed down since I was upset and when I got to the 5 rest stop i was still at a little over a 16mph avg. anyway at the rest tent I was asking one of the people what milage i should be at and how much farther each segment was.. he was say that I was around 8 miles out from the speedway if I went straight back and that I should be right about 60 mile if I did the rest of the 100 mile course well I was right at 72 and while I felt really good I was more upset about making the wrong turns and didn't want to get off course at the end, have them pack up and leave while I'm out there wandering around.. So I just figured that 80 miles would be good enough

The good thing is my nutrition was great I had a shot from my gel flask at the top of the hour and 30min after which is just under 200 calories and figured if I drink my gatoraide endurance over that hour it adds another 125 calories. for a total of 325. I had my camelback on to simulate drinking out of my aero bottle.. I literally had enough for the whole ride since I took my gatoraid powder in a different gel flask. I just filled up with water around 50 miles for everything had a 1/2 bannana for that hours gel and was fine the whole way.
What would you do differently?:

not get lost, drink more beer.. take pen and paper so I could have gotten the cute girl on the nice felt bikes phone number
Post race
Warm down:

drank beer, scammed a free bisket sandwhich, talked with brian while waiting for others

What limited your ability to perform faster:

being worried about getting lost,, limited leg strength, need to start doing some heavy squats. not drafting behind the Race cars

Event comments:

fun time,

Last updated: 2008-05-16 12:00 AM
Biking
05:00:00 | 80 miles | 16.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: it was out in the country where people have yet to see a person with such a large left big toe
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-05-18 5:27 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: Cross Timbers Classic

2008-05-19 1:32 AM
in reply to: #1409513

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-05-19 8:37 PM
in reply to: #1409513

Master
Frisco, Texas
Subject: RE: Cross Timbers Classic

Nice ride.  Good job working on your nutrition. 

Forget the girl...which Felt was she on...DA, B2, B12?

TJ

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cross Timbers Classic Rss Feed