General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Ride with my Next Generation Triathlete-in-training! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-09 9:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Horse Country
Subject: First Ride with my Next Generation Triathlete-in-training!
Wow!

For the first time ever, my daughter let me actually ride my bicycle when we went for a bike ride together. Up till now, I've been dutifully stationed beside her holding the handlebar to quell her fears. Today, she said I could ride... and I did.

So there we went, her on the sidewalk on her 16" seafoam bike with training wheels, and me on my bright red Allez Elite cruising on the road beside her. Good thing it was a "Rest" day today, because I got a lot of practice at very slow speed bike handling, but the only "cardio" I got was the pitter patter of a daddy watching his girl "get it"!

We went down the block to our favorite cul-de-sac, and then we rode circles, figure eights and curly-q's playing tag and chase and dodge-the-bump on our bikes. We were only out for 30 minutes before she got tired, but BOY was it fun!

Now, if I can just get the boy back on his horse (he's still a bit trepidatious, and the last two months off the bike didn't dust off as quickly for him - he was inside with mommy for this ride...

And if I can get them through swim class (neither one is too excited, but at least basic swim lessons at an early age is a mandatory family tradition...)...

Then I think I'll be okay. They're already asking when I'll let them go run with me!!!

(on that note, I'm planning to let them "run" my warmups and/or cooldowns once the spring arrives...)

Just had to share!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

2005-01-09 10:26 PM
in reply to: #101224

User image

Extreme Veteran
Singapore
Subject: RE: First Ride with my Next Generation Triathlete-in-training!

Super!!!!!!

Thats a heart warming story for this cold winter night.

Thanks for sharing

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Ride with my Next Generation Triathlete-in-training! Rss Feed