General Discussion Triathlon Talk » de Soto question... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-29 5:44 PM

User image

Albuquerque, NM
Subject: de Soto question...
So I'm in the market for a tri top this season. I want something I can swim in without a wetsuit (in New Mexico no one uses wetsuits...), in the past I've put on a loose fitting t-shirt in T1, but that definitely slows me down. I've heard very good things about de Soto tops, I especially like that they seem to be longer than average.

So here's the question. They have a "Carrera Tri Top" and a "Carrera Tri Jersey." The Jersey is a bit more expensive, has a zipper part way down the front, and has wider shoulders and more coverage on the back. So I like the Jersey better, but in the description it says that it "can be used under a wetsuit" whereas the tri top says it's "skin tight." So now I'm worried that the Jersey wouldn't be good without a wetsuit.

So probably I'm nitpicking here, they both look pretty skin tight to me. Has anyone here raced with the Jersey WITHOUT a wetsuit, and does this top work well in that situation?

Thanks,
Mike

2008-06-29 6:06 PM
in reply to: #1497538

User image

Folsom, CA (Sacramento Area)
Subject: RE: de Soto question...
Probably the Jersey will slow you down more since it does not specify that it is skin tight and it also has more material. Of course it would depend what size you get on either. Also, the extra material on the shoulders might cause some discomfort on the swim.

Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » de Soto question... Rss Feed