United States
Team Magic
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 41m 20s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 6/11
Pre-race routine:

Friday night my parents and I loaded up and headed up to the race in Mcminnville my dads home town. On the way we stopped at Shoneys. First time I had eaten at Shoneys in about ten years!! SO we went and stayed at my uncles house. When we got there my little 3 year old cousins who are twins were in rare form so I got to enjoy some time with them. Got up and my dad took me to the race site picked up my packet and then went and set up my transition area. Chattd with my buddies and parents and just enjoyed the day.
Event warmup:

Not much of a warmup. I probably swam about 200 meters then took some pictures.
Swim
  • 07m 6s
  • 382 yards
  • 01m 52s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well swimming even at my build I am fair. I finished third in the clydesdale division so I was very happy about that. the thing is I could of pushed it a bit more but did not. I need to remember it is a sprint race!! Well you jumped in feet first then began at 5 second intervals and I got passed only by two people and myself passed 3. The only thing I do not like about pool swims is when you have to turn around at the end and it can sometimes bunch up. Got caught in a couple groups. The swim exit is neat because you come out of the pool in the section where there is the waterfalls and so on. Saw my parents and uncle and headed to the transition area.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing I am usually happy with my swim. I just wish I would of pushed it more.
Transition 1
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

This transition area sucks!! Big gravel in the asphault so my feet hurt a bit. Got to my bike glasses then helmet them shoes. I still need to learn to put my shoes on my bike and do it that way. Must practice

Not much besides shoes already on the bike
Bike
  • 58m
  • 15.8 miles
  • 16.34 mile/hr
Comments:

Well still the weakest part when I race but getting better. there was some tough wind going out and a couple of rollers but not bad. My computer was not working so I just went on. And I actually passed a few people. You see if I pass people it is a big thing for me because I am usually getting passed by so many. Also on the course I road by my uncles shop so that was kind of neat to see my familys name. Great work my team magic at all the intersections as well. I pushed it much harder coming back and picked up the pace a bit. Coming into transition I already had my shoes off and went to do a flying dismount but I forgot I had a new xlad and almost nit it. It was funny the volunteers said goos recovery!!!

Nothing just keep up with the TITS and one day I will be faster.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Pretty good transition. I have had to start putting body glide on my feet before my shoes because i have had two problem areas and this run they were fine no blisters.
Run
  • 33m 13s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

This run actually felt pretty good. I ran about 85 percent and did it not at race pace though just wanted to get a good steady pace in. The run left the complex and through some neighborhoods. it was neat because you could hear the announcer because the run intertwined close to the site. Walked probably 4 minutes worth mainly up a couple of the hills. Still just kept steady.

Still push it more. It was a sprint race and I used it just like a z2-3 training run.
Post race
Warm down:

Well went though and got something to drink and went and met my family who were waiting. Got some pictures made with the twins and family. I took a shower and then went and hung out by the pool. Took ella and claire around the water so they could play and my cousin who is there mom said i was using them as chick magnets!!LOL they are cuties. Got a bit to eat and then headed out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still I am way over weight in my mind to ever be able to compete in this sport but I enjoy it and that is all I care about. maybe one year I will compete but till then the fun and fellowship and good health is great!

Event comments:

Team magic is just a A + company.I have never had a complaint on any part they play.

Last updated: 2008-01-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:06 | 382 yards | 01m 52s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/11
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:25
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:58:00 | 15.8 miles | 16.34 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/11
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:33:13 | 03.1 miles | 10m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/11
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-06-29 8:27 PM

User image

Master
Pulaski TN
Subject: McMinnville City Triathlon

2008-06-29 8:43 PM
in reply to: #1497773

User image

Master
Franklin, TN
Subject: RE: McMinnville City Triathlon
Nice race bud!
2008-06-29 10:52 PM
in reply to: #1497816

User image

Expert
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Nice race!!!

When I drove the course I saw your uncles shop. I was wondering if you were related but I thought that was a longshot.

2008-06-30 5:56 AM
in reply to: #1497773

User image

Veteran
Middle Tennessee

I thought I saw that BT shirt out there.

Hope you really enjoyed yourself!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » McMinnville City Triathlon Rss Feed