General Discussion Race Reports! » The 30th Annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk/Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The 30th Annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk/Run - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Madison, Indiana
United States
73F / 23C
Overcast
Total Time = 54m 50s
Overall Rank = 165/315
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stretching and Talking
Run
  • 54m 50s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

Really enjoyed the run, I think I could have put some more out during the race but I think that is always on your mind a few days after. I wanted to finish in under an hour and about halfway threw I began to talk myself into doing this in 55 mins. I finished in just under 55 so I was happy with that.
Post race
Warm down:

Walk and drink some water. Wanted to be at the finish line to see the rest of my family cross and I got to see them all.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Again I think my inexperiance level attributed as much as anything. I am learning how my body feels each mile. My heart rate and breathing are pretty consistant around a 9 to 10 min/mile pretty easy pace. Working on inproving that over the next few weeks.

Event comments:

Myself, my stepson, my brother and his wife ran
My wife, daughter and my Dad walked
I was able to see all of my family cross the finish line which was awsome, especially being there with my Dad at the end.

Last updated: 2008-06-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:54:50 | 06.21 miles | 08m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/315
Performance: Good
Course: Really a mild course or maybe average I guess in difficulty. Kind of hilly the big downhill I think is the worst part of the race because you are off on more than one plain going downhill so it is rather hard on the knees. Slight up hill at the bottom of the big downhill. It seems oh so slight in a car but like a mountain with a mile left to go.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-07-11 6:12 PM

User image

New user

Subject: The 30th Annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk/Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The 30th Annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk/Run Rss Feed