FishHawk Road Runners
87F / 31C
Overcast
Total Time = 29m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

.45 mile of warm up until 6pm (7 pm eastern.)
Run
  • 29m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

I thought all day about what kind of run and route I would do for this. I wanted to stay under 30 min, but otherwise wasn't sure. So I decided to run a race that was representative of life. The route consisted of some big uphills and corresponding down hills, with just a few flats. A few spots were through streets that were isolated and slicing through the beautiful woods. Other parts were loud with lots of cars and not much to look at. Some of this was real tough and I wanted to stop other parts felt great and in the zone. I also would randomly stop and change directions. I knew where I started, but wasn't sure where the 3.1 would end. I took no music and just soaked in the surroundings and appreciated them. I did not worry about my performance (except to stay under 30min) At one point, I stopped and looked up to the sun, which was just peeking through the clouds when a single bird crossed my field of vision in front of the sun. Maybe just a coincidence, but it gave me shivers. As it turned out (not on purpose) I finished this run right in front of my home, but a bit past my driveway. My kids happened to be outside and as one saw me run past the driveway she ran up to catch up to me, talked to me a minute and said "love you dad." A perfect end. This run started out as a gift to Christine and her family, in the end though it turned out to be a gift from her to me.

Post race
Event comments:

Others have talked about a peace or calm as they ran. I have to say this was one of the most calm runs I ever had.

Last updated: 2008-07-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:30 | 03.11 miles | 09m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: through rolling hills near my home
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-07-19 6:09 PM

User image

Master
Delafield, Wisconsin
Subject: Hit the Trails XC Classic

2008-07-21 3:57 PM
in reply to: #1542301

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Hit the Trails XC Classic
Kizmet, faith, whatever, there must have been some kind of presence.  Great job with the tribute, fellow Donk!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Hit the Trails XC Classic Rss Feed