United States
Pulaski Athletic League
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 39m 27s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 6/8
Pre-race routine:

Got to sleep in my own bed since the race was in my home town which is awesome. So got up had a PBJ sandwich aired up my tires and put my stuff into my back pack and rode the mile or so up to the course. Went through registration and then just talked with lots of people in the transition area.
Event warmup:

Well basically I got in and did a few laps in the pool then talked to my parents, Brooke and the girls, then got lined up for the swim start
Swim
  • 03m 57s
  • 219 yards
  • 01m 49s / 100 yards
Comments:

Well I got in the water and took off. Only 200 meters and I was planning on hammering the whole way! Well as soon as I started I got pinned in the whole time and could never get around the guy in front of me. Then more people were blocking him so it slowed me down a ton! Finally got around one guy and then picked it up a bit only to get slowed down again.
What would you do differently?:

Tell them a swim time that would get me with faster swimmers!
Transition 1
  • 00m 51s
Comments:

Just a quick transition. Fastest in my AG. Not really much to tlak about there.

Next year I want to be able to already have my shoes on the bike.
Bike
  • 1h 04m 44s
  • 16.3 miles
  • 15.11 mile/hr
Comments:

Well this is the course I ride quite a bit and it is Hilly. That is why its called the MOnster because of Monster hill!!! Spend lots of time climbing. Well the ride started off pretty good. The neat thing about being in your home town is that at the turns you know the people!At one turn I saw my high school football coach and another was a client of mine and so on. Well as usuall I get passed by several people but oh well. So as I was saying up up up up and down then repeat several times. I did pass a couple of people on the bike so that was good. So we get out of the backroads back on the bypass and theninto town. I am now able to take my shoes off on the bike. So had that done dismounted saw all my family and my girls then time to put the shoes on and kit the road!

Just continue to put more time in on the bike lots of more time!
Transition 2
  • 00m 47s
Comments:

Well I still had big blister on my heal and the bandade had come off and I knew I would pay for that but oh well. heard my fans cheering for me and headed out on my run that was also the run in Honor of Christine!

Nothing went real smooth!
Run
  • 29m 10s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Well this run was for our fellow Bter christine so of course she was on my mind as well as all the others who we have lost so I take out and down through the cemetary and there is my old coach again. Down into the football stadium around the feild then on to the green way. I was pacing back and forth with a guy on the bike and tehn on the run. He said he averages 9:30 pace so I figure I would just see him pass and go on but not today. So hit the first mile and it was a decent pace then just decided to go. Ran by several more familiar faces as well as my uncle hit the turn around at 15 minutes onthe nose...oh I am going to do it runmy fastest 5K plus like in Christines log break 30 minutes for the first time in my career so I just put my head down and went. I also kept lookinig at my watch as I got closer and realized I was going to do it. Back through the cemetary around the curve and there I was finished the race and my first sub 30 minute 5k!

Nothing superb run for me!
Post race
Warm down:

They gave you a ice cold towel and then I went and talked with my family and my girls then got a PBJ sandwich. Packed up my transition and rode home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not a lot. This was the fastest I have ever done on this course by 34 minutes. Now I need to preface this by last year I had not trained after IMAZ but still lots of improvement!!! My run is coming along now just need to get my bike there but it is coming!!!!

Last updated: 2008-07-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:03:57 | 219 yards | 01m 49s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/8
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course: This was a zig zag under the ropes swim in the rec center pool
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:51
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:04:44 | 16.3 miles | 15.11 mile/hr
Age Group: 6/8
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Hilly!!!!!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:47
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:29:10 | 03.1 miles | 09m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/8
Performance:
Course: This is a out and back through the cemetary intitialy then out on to the greenway
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-07-22 4:51 PM

User image

Master
Pulaski TN
Subject: Monster Triathlon

2008-07-23 7:32 PM
in reply to: #1550215

User image

Master
Franklin, TN
Subject: RE: Monster Triathlon
Nice race, bud!  Especially on the run!
2008-07-24 12:26 PM
in reply to: #1550215

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: RE: Monster Triathlon
Good job stud!  Way to cook the run and set a PR!  Well done!  IM will be had this time!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Monster Triathlon Rss Feed