General Discussion Race Reports! » Riviera Beach Triathlon Trilogy at Singer Island Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Riviera Beach Triathlon Trilogy at Singer Island - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Riviera Beach - Singer Island, Florida
United States
MultiRace
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 09m 12s
Overall Rank = 100/264
Age Group = Clyde
Age Group Rank = 2/20
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4 a.m. had standard breakfast of a bagel w/penut butter and a bananna. 3 cups of coffee, and some O.J. Drove an hr. to the race up the road.
Event warmup:

got thereat 6, a good 1.5hrs before the race. walked around for a while met the guy racked next to me. walked to the water felt the temp. walked around alot, jogged about a 1/4 mile.
Swim
  • 11m 22s
  • 437 yards
  • 02m 36s / 100 yards
Comments:

It was my first tri so I wanted to pace myself on my weak area. so I took it easy and just stuck to the basics. Kept my breathing right and just focused on hitting my marks. Got kicked in the face pretty good right when I got in, so I held back quite a bit.
What would you do differently?:

swim faster, I know i kept my speed in check so I could focus on diong it correctly.
Transition 1
  • 02m 21s
Comments:

again, my first time so I took my time to make sure I didn't forget anything and hitting my marks.

go faster
Bike
  • 30m 9s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.90 mile/hr
Comments:

Like I said up there before, half smooth, half rough, then up the hudge bridge. TWICE!! It went up the bridge had to turn around right at the base of it so you could use any speed you gained on the way down. Had a sharp 180 at the base and right back up. so there was no speed to hit the way up on the second time. On the way down, I had a car that pulled out in front of me and I nearly hit them. SOB!! I lost some of my speed gained on the way down b/c of that guy. I must say I had to have been at a real good pace, I got tired of saying "On left" just passing people all over the place. esp. on the birdge

nothing.
Transition 2
  • 01m 22s
Comments:

came to a complete stop right at the gate. got off the bike and ran with the cleates. made it to the rack and tried to put the bike on the wrong side of the seat, prob slowed me down about 10-15 sec.

watch what I'm doing, hit my marks with no mistakes
Run
  • 23m 58s
  • 3 miles
  • 07m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

good pace passed alot of people both sides of the bridge. almost everybody was walking up that thing. after I got back down, it felt like I had slowed down, idk why it just happened.

run faster
Post race
Warm down:

met with my family, had them there with signs encouraging me on. It felt great to pass the line.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Again, this was my first tri so I just planned on hitting all my marks and finishing the race. Making sure I didn't stop or push myself to hard. So next time, I plan on pushing to latic threshold and staying there.

Event comments:

good race, it was my first so I don't have much to go on. All I do know is that they started about 5-10min late.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-07-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:22 | 437 yards | 02m 36s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/20
Overall: 0/264
Performance: Below average
Suit: 2XU tri suit
Course: out take a left, turn and return
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 85F / 29C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:21
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:30:09 | 10 miles | 19.90 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course: mostly flat and straight, half the road was not very well paved, lots of bumps and rocks, etc. the other half was newly paved straight flat real nice. The on the way back was up this bridge. really high, you can tell people were struggling to get up it.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:22
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:23:58 | 03 miles | 07m 59s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: mostly flat but had to hit the bridge again, TWICE, so it was up and down and back up again. not fun all within the first mile. then it was flat around a nice neighborhood.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-08-04 9:11 AM

User image

Regular
Phenix City, AL
Subject: Riviera Beach Triathlon Trilogy at Singer Island
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Riviera Beach Triathlon Trilogy at Singer Island Rss Feed