General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Nation Long Course Manual Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-18 8:53 PM

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: Endurance Nation Long Course Manual

If you're looking for some good information on Long Course training and racing, check out this free manual from Endurance Nation:

http://www.endurancenation.us/book/index.php

I'm a member of Endurance Nation and have learned a lot from their site and hearing them talk at Lake Placid last year.  I follow their basic training week and have made a lot of advances this year.  I probably won't sign up for them when my membership expires in December as they've changed their business model and they put a lot of emphasis on training with power.  I'm not likely to get a power meter anytime soon, so it doesn't make sense for me.

Anyway, their manual is free to view on line and gives some good information.  It also gives you a sense of their theories and training ideas.   They also offer a two week membership if you want to try them out. 

Ernie

2008-08-18 9:19 PM
in reply to: #1612081

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Subject: RE: Endurance Nation Long Course Manual
hmmmm...I know the owners of EN want their members to get the word out on their business and the new long course manual (heck, I'm a member myself), but I doubt that plugging their business on BT is what they had in mind.  BT has their own business model with IM training plans for sale.  I know that BT is all about sharing info, but this thread just doesn't seem right.  Not picking a fight, just making an observation.  expressing my opinion.

Edited by Birkierunner 2008-08-18 9:23 PM
2008-08-18 11:25 PM
in reply to: #1612162

User image

Elite
Chicago

Birkierunner - 2008-08-18 9:19 PM hmmmm...I know the owners of EN want their members to get the word out on their business and the new long course manual (heck, I'm a member myself), but I doubt that plugging their business on BT is what they had in mind. BT has their own business model with IM training plans for sale. I know that BT is all about sharing info, but this thread just doesn't seem right. Not picking a fight, just making an observation. expressing my opinion.

x2

but...should I plug my coach now too?  

2008-08-19 5:58 AM
in reply to: #1612579

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Steve- - 2008-08-19 12:25 AM

Birkierunner - 2008-08-18 9:19 PM hmmmm...I know the owners of EN want their members to get the word out on their business and the new long course manual (heck, I'm a member myself), but I doubt that plugging their business on BT is what they had in mind. BT has their own business model with IM training plans for sale. I know that BT is all about sharing info, but this thread just doesn't seem right. Not picking a fight, just making an observation. expressing my opinion.

x2

but...should I plug my coach now too?  

I thought the same thing when I was typing this up.  As I said, I'm not going to continue with EN because their training doesn't fit with mine but I thought people might be interested in a free resource.  I know in the past when this was brought up, the moderators didn't mind links to other training plans/coaches.  If the moderators want to remove the thread, I don't mind.  I have no stake in EN and no interest in promoting their business.  Just wanted to present some free information.

Ernie

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Endurance Nation Long Course Manual Rss Feed