General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Palm Springs/Desert Cities BT peeps Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-24 10:56 PM

Subject: Palm Springs/Desert Cities BT peeps

Howdy all.

After 7 months spent 9 time zones away, I will be stationed again in Twentynine Palms.  My wife and I would prefer to live in the Palm Springs area because 29 Palms is just too big of a city with too much to do for us.

We're familiar with the Desert Cities.  I'll have to commute to the base every day, but I can deal with that... I think.  We're not stinking rich but we're doing okay.  Any fun places to live for two young professionals who like to get out and have fun?

Any BT peeps even in the area?  Let me know - I am looking forward to getting back on my bike and in the pool, and it's so much more fun with other people.  Thanks!

BTW... that is the "big city" of Yucca Valley in the background of my avatar.  Yay.

2008-08-25 8:00 AM
in reply to: #1624916

User image

Expert
Simi Valley
Subject: RE: Palm Springs/Desert Cities BT peeps
dave699 - 2008-08-24 8:56 PM

After 7 months spent 9 time zones away, I will be stationed again in Twentynine Palms. My wife and I would prefer to live in the Palm Springs area because 29 Palms is just too big of a city with too much to do for us.

LOL - my first church appointment was to Desert Hot Springs at the bottom of the hill there.  So I know exactly what you are talking about.  My wife and I were newlyweds and we just got used to the idea that if we wanted to go "out" it was going to involve at least a 20 min drive to Palm Springs or even further to Palm Desert.  I was not into Tris then, but I would imagine that Palm Desert would be the kind of hub where one might find a training club or at least bike stores where you could post a notice.  That was never the vibe I got in Palm Springs, and certainly not in Yucca, DHS, or Cat City...

2008-09-09 3:00 PM

User image

Expert

Hey we just got orders out to 29 Stumps too.  Are there any pools to swim at all year round?  Where did you end up finding a place, I would really like to aviod living on base.

2008-10-27 7:32 PM

Update - my wife (Mrs.Sapper) and I now live in northern Palm Springs.  After spending the weekend at the Marine Corps Marathon n DC with the VA/MD/DC BT peeps, I REALLY want to get that same sort of vibe here.

Now that the marathon is over, I want to spend more time on my bike.  The City Loop is getting kind of old.  Any thoughts?  Anyone want to go ride?

2008-10-27 11:47 PM
in reply to: #1769145

User image

dave699 - 2008-10-27 5:32 PM

Update - my wife (Mrs.Sapper) and I now live in northern Palm Springs.  After spending the weekend at the Marine Corps Marathon n DC with the VA/MD/DC BT peeps, I REALLY want to get that same sort of vibe here.

Now that the marathon is over, I want to spend more time on my bike.  The City Loop is getting kind of old.  Any thoughts?  Anyone want to go ride?

No idea, but welcome home.  Glad you're back

2008-10-28 8:47 AM

Home from DC?  Thanks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Palm Springs/Desert Cities BT peeps Rss Feed