General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-06 11:47 AM

User image

New user
Subject: HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!!

I really want to do this race! But I had to wait to sign up for it because of my financial situation. I've been watching the registration and as of yesterday, there were spots left. I deposited my check, waited a day so it would clear, and went to sign up for the race this morning, and it's full! I'm in tears! I don't know what to do. My whole family was planning on being there (we live 2 hours away from each other) and now I'm looking at not even being able to register.

I've worked so hard and have saved my money to be able to afford the race and now I can't register. Does anyone know of any tricks to get myself registered? I've written an email and am going to check on that now. I was curious if anyone here has registered, but does not plan on attending the race, so maybe if we both contact the race authorities we can organize some kind of transfer of registration.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! I'm begging for help on getting into this race. PLEASE!

2008-09-06 2:56 PM
in reply to: #1655018

Expert
Subject: RE: HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!!

I can't really help you out as I have no connections to the race...sorry.

I just checked the website...$85 friggin dollars for a sprint...ridiculous.  No wonder you had to save up.  That is out of control.  Have you checked out other triathlons?  I imagine part of the appeal was the fact that it was women only but there are still some other great races.  If you don't get in, go on www.trifind.com and see if there are other races that might appeal to you.  I am sure someone on here has done these other races and can give you some insight.  There seems to be a half a dozen tri's going on a weekend as it is the new cool thing to do.  Your other option is to do what I do, just race Du's...just kidding

Hope you get in.

Mark

Edited by Stone 2008-09-06 2:56 PM
2008-09-07 10:12 PM
in reply to: #1655018

User image

Subject: RE: HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! IF ANYONE CAN HELP NIKI IT WOULD HELP OUT MORE THAN JUST HER!!  She's my rock in these races (We just competed in our first today) and I need her there next weekend.  If anyone knows of someone dropping out, or of any way we can get in there, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!! Rss Feed