General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-23 6:08 AM

User image

Regular
Atlanta, GA
Subject: New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport
I already have done one shameless plug for our CompuTrainer classes so I figured I would just go the full mile! I feel passionate about the vision we are pursuing at Dynamo Multisport and wanted to share the energy as we start to spread the news outside of the current Dynamo family. In short, our vision is to offer the only all-in-one training environment in Atlanta metro and strive to create a community of passionate athletes and friends bound by comraderie and respect for one another and our greater Atlanta community at large. I wanted to invite everybody to find out more by visiting us at http://www.dynamomultisport.com. You can also get more information from our formal announcement to existing members of the Dynamo family from last week at http://www.dynamomultisport.com/2008/10/live.

Please don't hesitate to reach me directly via email if you have any questions ([email protected]).

Thanks,

Matthew

2008-10-23 8:20 AM
in reply to: #1760845

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
Subject: RE: New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport

Great concept and one that is unique to the Atlanta tri community. A couple questions:

The Computrainer classes start Jan 5th and end mid-March ... so this eight week stretch is focused on "base" or "build" training in the periodized scale?  Also, if you sign up for the 5:45 am class, do you have the option to 'plug + play' into the other classes as your schedule permits?

Is there a bulk package whereby you can do the Masters Swim program with Maria and then the Computrainer course?  Any plans on doing the same in Alpharetta?

2008-10-23 8:37 AM
in reply to: #1760983

User image

Regular
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport
brian - 2008-10-23 9:20 AM

Great concept and one that is unique to the Atlanta tri community. A couple questions:

The Computrainer classes start Jan 5th and end mid-March ... so this eight week stretch is focused on "base" or "build" training in the periodized scale?  Also, if you sign up for the 5:45 am class, do you have the option to 'plug + play' into the other classes as your schedule permits?

Is there a bulk package whereby you can do the Masters Swim program with Maria and then the Computrainer course?  Any plans on doing the same in Alpharetta?

Brian -

Great questions and let me try to answer them...

(1) The CT Series I class will be more on the base side. Focus will be on pedaling technique (think 1-legged drills and super-RPM work) and strength work (low cadence) all in zone 1-3 type intensity. We will be doing some threshold and supra-threshold intensity in these workouts, but the focus will not be laser-focused on FTP or VO2 Max. The Series II class will be more like that.
(2) In order to really manage to the peridized nature of the curriculum, we have to be tight with the keeping people in their slotted class. This has been a frequently asked question over the last week, so I think a nice workaround might be to create a message board that allows people to trade their slots on a given week when they know they cannot make it due to other obligations (family, work, travel). My vision for this would be similar to a ticket exchange. The short answer is that formally, there is no plug & play. Informally, we will do our best to accomodate everybody's changing schedules.
(3) Yes, there will be discounted pricing depending on the bundled packages. For the Series I class, we're discounted as is with a masters-CT bundle. However, adding coaching services into the bundle, the prices will flex.
(4) Yes, there are plans on moving up to Alpharetta with the CT classes. The earliest will be for the Series II class in March.

Thanks for the questions, and please keep them coming. We're excited around here these days!

Matthew
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Club & Training Option - Dynamo Multisport Rss Feed