General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny email from 3D Racing... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-11-04 9:57 AM
in reply to: #1779769

User image

Regular
Michigan/Florida
Subject: RE: Funny email from 3D Racing...
Wow, sounds like a great opportunity for an event coordinating company to come in to SE MI and start laying the ground work!! Seems to me, if you limit the number of participants, together with a manageable amount of events that EXCEED participant expectation=Great Success

I know my Masters Swim Coach is actually looking at putting her first event on next year... I'll let you guys know!

geesh, I gotta get back to work now..

2008-11-04 10:12 AM
in reply to: #1786211

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Edited by jogo 2008-11-04 10:14 AM
2008-11-04 10:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Effect Snow Country
Being relatively new to MI I've been unhappy with 3D so far. I assumed that coming to a large metro area from western NY would mean the same or better quality events. Not only am I disapointed by the race organization (crappy shirts, disorganized events, poor service for lots of money), the tone I've been spoken to in by volunteers and 3D people turns me off.

And please, someone get Kenny an editor. If you can't put a professional/business related document together without typos and grammar errors what makes you think I want you in charge of my safety and property?

"accustomed to" not "too"

Edited by k_hase 2008-11-04 10:12 PM
2008-11-05 6:05 AM
in reply to: #1788369

User image

Expert
You hit on my favorite pet peeve...I am no english major, but the typo's in 3d communications do drive me batty!

I have done five events, four of which were 3d. Three were done quite well because they were not run soley by 3d. Happy Trails at Kensington was a great event both times I did it, and Sanford and Sun in Midland was also very well run.

I am looking forward to doing an Elite Endevors event this year to see how they are run.
2008-11-05 2:16 PM

User image

Expert
Berkley, MI

The key to race management is not 100% about the race course, timing or logistics - it is actually a fine mixture of support and customer relations - before during and after the race.

3D does OK in the first 3 - the basics of course timing and logistics - but on the customer support side they fail.

In my opinion, out of the 6 tris I did in 2008 - RunningFit and Elite did the best.  I did 2 of each EE and 3d, 1 RF and 1 FAST (my tri club) and by far the best races were RF and EE.  Why?  They care. And it shows in every email, every smile, and every volunteer's face.  They really make the whole race an experience from the moment you sign up to the post race festivities and follow ups.  RunningFit is aces at customer service for sure! 

3D just acts like they do not care - about the race eperience beyond the finish line, or even before the start line.  They do not respond to the people paying them to play.  They do not take a professional pride in the races they put on - the air at a 3D event is a lot different than that of an EE or RF event.  I never could put my finger on it - but it is definitely something I am glad that they are finally looking at.

I for one will keep on doing the 3D events - Big Fish rocked! - but I know what I am getting for my $.  Now that RF is hosting 3 triathlons in 2009 there is definitely some interesting competition brewing! 

2008-11-06 8:50 PM

User image

Master
Ferndale, MI

I need to keep those RF races on my radar for next summer.  You'll remind me about them, won't you?  Laughing

Unfortunately, my summer may get jam packed, so scheduling may be a bigger factor than customer relations.  As long as I don't place my expectations too high, I guess I'll have a great time.

2008-11-07 4:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Ida, Michigan

It's weird, in general I have had positive experiences with 3-D.  I think I have done about twelve of their races over the last three years.  At least from what I have observed, they learn from their mistakes.  I've gotten prompt (usually the same day) responses to all of my emails. 

With the exception of Sylvania (which is an AWESOME race), I don't see much difference between 3-D events and Elite Endeavors events. 

--Craig 

2008-11-07 4:31 PM
in reply to: #1788369

User image

New user

k_hase - 2008-11-04 11:10 PM Being relatively new to MI I've been unhappy with 3D so far. I assumed that coming to a large metro area from western NY would mean the same or better quality events. Not only am I disapointed by the race organization (crappy shirts, disorganized events, poor service for lots of money), the tone I've been spoken to in by volunteers and 3D people turns me off. And please, someone get Kenny an editor. If you can't put a professional/business related document together without typos and grammar errors what makes you think I want you in charge of my safety and property? "accustomed to" not "too"

Don't get me started on the time this summer I just about took Kenny out back and laid a whoopin on him.

He completely disparaged Kellie TO MY FACE. Not in front of her.

Greg on the other hand, one in a million never had a prblem with him.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny email from 3D Racing... Rss Feed  

of 2