General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sore back/neck...should I not run? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-04 11:47 AM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: Sore back/neck...should I not run?

Happy Voting Day to all my BT'ers! I also posted this in the general forum, but thought maybe I should post it here too and see if any of you guys had advice...

I have a question for y'all and was interested in your opinions on the matter....

I was SOOOO looking forward to a run home from work today (about 7.5 miles), since it is going to be one of the last "nice" Chicago afternoons, but when I woke up this morning, I felt like I had a pinched nerve or a tweak in my upper back (just under my neck) and am wondering if I should bag the run (but I realllllllly want to do it)?

Will I make it worse?  Has anyone ever been in this pickle before?  I can turn my head fine, but I don't know how it would feel running??

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2008-11-06 5:35 PM
in reply to: #1786656

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: RE: Sore back/neck...should I not run?
Do you have any idea what caused the pain in the first place?  I live with upper back pain every day and running doesn't make it worse, but biking can.  My problems are made worse by sitting at a computer and general stress that I carry in my back.  I have exercises I do every day that help.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sore back/neck...should I not run? Rss Feed