General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Superfrog vs. Rage in the Sage Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-16 11:55 PM

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Subject: Superfrog vs. Rage in the Sage
With the move of the LA Marathon, I'm having serious second thoughts about Wildflower Long Course this year...I'm already registered for the marathon, not for WF. There's only 23 days between them and I know I'm going to be going heavy on the bike training this spring (not just for the half, but in anticipation of doing my first IM in August).

The plan was for both my wife and I to do Wildflower, me the half and her the oly. Both Superfrog/Superseal and Rage in the Sage look like earlier comparable options. Any comments on either or both? WF will keep for another time, I guess.

2008-11-17 3:49 PM
in reply to: #1811841

User image

Santa Clarita, ca
Subject: RE: Superfrog vs. Rage in the Sage
I'd be interested in any response, since I'm also looking to do the superfrog/seal (whatever the 1/2 is) in '09
2008-11-17 3:57 PM
in reply to: #1813001

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'll chime in from Las Vegas...

Last year was the first time they did a half at Rage.  They need to work out some kinks.  Since it was an sprint and oly in the past, it was still sort of set up that way.

The food and water was pretty scarce at the end, the crowd was gone, the massage tent folded up, etc (granted, it took me 6:45 or so to do it).

The RD usually puts up a good race, so I hope they learn from last year.

The conditions are hit or miss.  Sometimes it's really cold and windy, or it can be pleasant.

PM me if you have any other questions.

2008-11-17 5:34 PM

User image

I don't see a lot of Superfrog reports here, but they do show up a lot on that other board.  Might want to do a search there...

From what I have heard...   Superfrog is in pretty darn cold water, the ocean in April is freezin, as you probably know.  No idea about the bike the the run is a multi loop course with a lot of sand running.

Rage has a pretty brutal run as well, I am told.  Off road and hilly.

Sorry, that's all I know

2008-11-17 7:12 PM

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Thanks for the feedback...it's going to be a tough call, I think. Neither of the courses ('Frog and Rage) look as...um, let's say "interesting" as Wildflower, but they are cheaper and both have Olys my wife can do. May still pull the trigger on Wildflower this year...but that may depend on whether or not I decide to do the Full Vineman this year. Right now I think I'm going to go for it and WF right on top of LA Mar may not be great for my IM training...

Decisions, decisions...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Superfrog vs. Rage in the Sage Rss Feed