General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 54

2009-11-26 8:13 PM
in reply to: #1827515

User image

Master
Dallas
Subject: RE: Ironman Arizona : Official Thread
Does anybody know if there's a way to retrieve a clip from the finish line? I know in other years ASI gave it to you for free and ionman.com still has some races.

2009-11-27 7:41 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Wow...I am sort of responding late but we are still in AZ vacationing!  What an incredible state!

I had an awesome IM experience!  I can't wait to do again!!  I even got the chance to feel like a super star for a bit as I got to sit in on the press conference with the pro's on Friday!  I was respresenting the Janus Charity Challenge!  It was fun...

Abbie R...thanks for saying hi to me out on the course!  (She whizzed by me on the bike!)

TexasMPgirl...I saw you in morning at your bike which was just down from mine.  Sorry I didn't say hi!

I have yet to write my race report but will do it when we get back from vacation!

Congrats everyone!!!!  We did it!!!
2009-11-27 7:54 AM
in reply to: #2532728

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
evillarroel - 2009-11-26 8:13 PM

Does anybody know if there's a way to retrieve a clip from the finish line? I know in other years ASI gave it to you for free and ionman.com still has some races.

ASI has a for sale video they do or IM.com, on the Atlete Tracking page with your personal results, will post a Watch Me Finish clip but you can't save it...unless you know how to crack the encoding.
2009-11-27 12:34 PM
in reply to: #2532940

User image

Elite
SE
i couldn't track the clip location down. let us know if you find it....

finishlineframes.com has a free shipping code for anyone interested:

use code FLF100 for 10 days
2009-11-27 1:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Ironman Arizona via Surf City, USA

wow...  That was a long day... I had a blast and since that was my only IM race I will ever do, I am stoked I was successful.  I will really enjoy my 50th birthday.. I wish I would have had the chance to meet more of you.  I did meet a small group about 5 mins before the swim and talked with Luis Velasquez, AKA VELASQU7, around mile 22 on the run. It was amazing.. For now, I am getting over a cold that started about 2 days before the race and looking forward to getting home so I can go for a run on Sunday..  Next stop, tattoo shop for my new tatt..  Good luck to all of you this coming year and had a wonderful time posting on this blog all year..  I can't believe it's over.. I have a few running races and sprint tri's set up already.. 

I can still hear Mike calling me across, even if he slightly mispronounced my last name.. 

Lori....

2009-11-28 9:50 AM

User image

Congrats everyone on a great race!!  I am registered for next year and cannot wait.  It will be my first Full IM.

Any tips on hotels for the event?  I was thinking the Courtyard Marriott as it is only a half mile from the start.  I also heard the Best Western is good but a little further.  I would like to be close to $100 but can swing up to $150 if it is worth it.

What is parking like if I do stay a few miles from the start?

Seems like it is tough to get some of the finisher gear if you come in late.  What time did they open the tent to sell Finisher gear?  I don't want to miss it but am probably looking at around 13 - 14 hours.  Maybe I can have my wife buy my gear while I am running.  Is there much of a concern with selling out?

2009-11-28 12:06 PM
in reply to: #2533736

User image

Master
Dallas
TheNoid - 2009-11-28 9:50 AM Congrats everyone on a great race!!  I am registered for next year and cannot wait.  It will be my first Full IM.

Any tips on hotels for the event?  I was thinking the Courtyard Marriott as it is only a half mile from the start.  I also heard the Best Western is good but a little further.  I would like to be close to $100 but can swing up to $150 if it is worth it.

What is parking like if I do stay a few miles from the start?

Seems like it is tough to get some of the finisher gear if you come in late.  What time did they open the tent to sell Finisher gear?  I don't want to miss it but am probably looking at around 13 - 14 hours.  Maybe I can have my wife buy my gear while I am running.  Is there much of a concern with selling out?

I got a condo with Hotwire.com (Legacy Golf Resort) and paid $100 a night. It was really comfortable because it had a full kitchen with the pots and pans, jacuzzi, everything. Luxurious too. It's only fifteen minutes from the race site. Parking is not an issue and the finisher's store opened the day after the race at 7 am and I got there at 9:20 AM, almost everything was gone in my size. Next time, I'll be there earlier.

Train hard, a year seemed like a lot of time when I signed up, trust me it came in quickly.

Good luck, you will love it.
2009-11-28 4:40 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
If you have a big crew coming, try renting a house through VRBO.com.  It's what I and a couple of other BT'ers did and it was definitely nice to have a house with amenities--kitchen, multiple bathrooms, washer, dryer, etc. and it was cost efficient too.  We got in late to the party and were in Chandler, but it only took about 15 minutes to get to the race site.  Definitely something i'll do again in the future.
2009-11-28 7:52 PM
in reply to: #2534007

TexasMPGal - 2009-11-28 2:40 PM If you have a big crew coming, try renting a house through VRBO.com.  It's what I and a couple of other BT'ers did and it was definitely nice to have a house with amenities--kitchen, multiple bathrooms, washer, dryer, etc. and it was cost efficient too.  We got in late to the party and were in Chandler, but it only took about 15 minutes to get to the race site.  Definitely something i'll do again in the future.

Yeah, but the housemates... (shudder)
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 54