General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training for Tri's and a Half Marathon in Feb, need help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-27 7:35 PM

User image

Cecilia
Subject: Training for Tri's and a Half Marathon in Feb, need help

For the last couple of months I have been trying to build a good base to compete in some tri's (sprint) next year and a half marathon in Feb, full marathon in the fall. I am currently trying to combine training plans for both. The question I have is how many off days should be taken during the week?, and combining workouts morning and afternoon, if my body can handle this how many morning/ afternoon workouts should I try in a week? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

2008-11-27 7:43 PM
in reply to: #1829090

User image

New Haven, CT
Subject: RE: Training for Tri's and a Half Marathon in Feb, need help

THis year I had a 9/21 sprint tri and an october 1/2 mara.  I followed the BT intermediate sprint plan, which has close to the volume of a beginner HIM plan.  I also made sure to do a long run 1x week, replacing a shorter run.  I hit my goals for each.  WHile I cannot suggest I am an expert, I think the approach worked effectively.  After the 1/2 mara, I felt great and after a couple days off was back to training.  Good luck.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training for Tri's and a Half Marathon in Feb, need help Rss Feed