United States
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 41m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

find parking. Easy!! just Don't follow the RD's directions like everyone else - go your own way and exit at Julian, easy peasy parking!
Event warmup:

walk to start line.
Run
  • 41m 37s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 13m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

egads. being hurt early month and being sick this week did me no favors. My WORST race time ever! I did run until the midway point, but after that needed a few walking spells. Now when I say "I did run" I mean a slogged through the mass of thousands of people... my time would have been poor regardless of needing to walk - there were just way way too many people. I tried hard not to laugh at the poor ipod wearing 5Kr's who were getting run over by the 10K racers whipping by - they couldn't hear "stay right" yelled at them and just got whammed. really, I'm not so evil as to celebrate others being bowled over, but there were plenty of examples of why headphones are not race-worthy! now my finish was strong, I dug deep to kick in for a little finish past a woman who appeared to be in my age group and I momentarily felt elated for kicking by... until I realized that since we're chip-timed I really had no idea when she had started versus me. LOL. what a kick in to almost hurl for no known gain!
What would you do differently?:

not kick it in? not race sick? not race with thousands of runners?
Post race
Warm down:

walk around until I didn't feel like hurling. returned my shirt to my body as to not scare more children. found water, goodie bag, shirt and headed to the car -- another benefit of parking on Julian - not blocked in to exit!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

sickness, injury, hoards of people.

Last updated: 2008-10-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:41:37 | 03.1 miles | 13m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-11-28 4:48 PM

User image

Master
Subject: Silicon Valley Turkey Trot

2008-11-29 12:43 PM
in reply to: #1829755

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
Subject: RE: Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
Good for you getting out there! A little kick at the end is *always* worth it, even if you don't technically beat someone to the finish.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Silicon Valley Turkey Trot Rss Feed