General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Early Darkness sucks...what's the BEST trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-05 7:24 PM

User image

Master
Subject: Early Darkness sucks...what's the BEST trainer

I am tired of missing my workouts becasue of darkness.

Can someone please list some trainers.  My budget is $500ish and I would like one that has some interactive capibilities that I can hook up to the plasma if there is something like that.  If not, I guess whats the best trainers.

Note: I rode a trainer once at a buddies house years ago, it was cheap, old, and loud...that is not what I want.

2008-12-05 7:42 PM
in reply to: #1841140

User image

Extreme Veteran
Webster, Ma
Subject: RE: Early Darkness sucks...what's the BEST trainer

I got the Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer and hate riding trainers but this is about as good as you can get. I got it from Bicycle Outfitters Indy online with a mat, thong, riser block, dvd, all for $297 shipped. I had to email them to ask about the deal to get it but its worth a shot.

I just went for my first ride in the darkness tonite when my package arrived from Nashbar. I got a headlight, taillight, some tights, and shoe covers and needed to try them out. I used my hi-liter green PI windbreaker, flashing taillight, headlight, and a flashing reflective led ankleband and did just a easyy 11 mile ride to see how it would be. Went better than expected although I am still scared as hell of riding in the dark!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Early Darkness sucks...what's the BEST trainer Rss Feed