General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi everyone !! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-14 6:35 PM

Western PA
Subject: Hi everyone !!
Hi everyone !! I am new to the site.. just found it today, actually. I am a 33 year old female. I am giving some consideration to doing a triathalon in late October, but don't know if I can be ready in time. Don't even know where to start, or how to come up with a training program, or even if it is a realistic goal. But, I figured this was the place to find out !!

2003-08-14 6:41 PM
in reply to: #462

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Hi everyone !!

hey trish!  octobers coming up!  my fav month...fall...cool...crisp...hot chocolate or cider after a tri...mmmm  wait a minute...i rake leaves in october...yikkkk!!!!! 

anyways...what shape r you in?  also check out trifind and cooltri .com to find a list of sprints and maybe shorter distances near your locale and let us know what u find and we will help u out.

2003-08-14 7:09 PM
in reply to: #462

Western PA
Subject: RE: Hi everyone !!
Hi Ron !! Well, to start off, I think I'm in decent shape. I lift twice a week, I can run 2 miles and I walk and do the eliptical alot. In the past year I have lost about 25 lbs. I just started the running program a week and a 1/2 ago, and I am already at two miles. I don't own a bike, but I bike on and off at the gym. Needless to say, if I decide to do this, I will be getting a bike, soon !!

I went to the web sites you told me about, and here is one about 3 miles from my house.

September 13, 2003
Visit Web Site

Start time: 7:30 a.m.

Race details: 1 mile run, to transition into canoe. Canoe 1.5 miles around buoys back to ramp. Out of water with canoe into bike transition, bike 14 miles, around lake twice. Back to transition and get into running gear and run for 4 miles to finish line, which is located right before transition area.

It leaves out the swimming, which is a great idea. We have a canoe, so I could practice. We also have a pond in our backyard. Only thing is, it' only a month away. Do you think it's realistic? Any ideas how I could get a training program together?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi everyone !! Rss Feed