General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 83 yr old runner Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-02 10:38 PM

User image

Regular
Fogelsville , Pennsylvania
Subject: 83 yr old runner

Has anyone read the latest Runners mag? 

There's an article on a lady who's 83yo running 10k's and 5k's...I can't move at my age and I just turned 30. 

Amazing!

2009-01-02 10:43 PM
in reply to: #1883719

Subject: RE: 83 yr old runner

There was an 82-year old woman at my first triathlon back in 2007. I am ashamed to say that her bike split was faster than mine. My swim and run were faster, and overall time was faster, but not a whole lot - it was a hard sprint. So that's pretty pathetic, on my part, that I basically got my a$$ kicked by an old lady I actually saw her on the run course, an out-and-back and she was starting out and I was heading back home. I was about to die at that point (had a great swim, but the bike flat out killed me) and she just looked at me, in her little flowery bathing suit and shorts and said "Looks like we're doing some race-walking!" and smiles Needless to say, that got me going again

I hope I can still walk without assistance when I'm 83, never mind do a triathlon.

2009-01-02 10:56 PM
in reply to: #1883724

User image

Regular
Fogelsville , Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: 83 yr old runner
wurkit_gurl - 2009-01-02 11:43 PM

There was an 82-year old woman at my first triathlon back in 2007. I am ashamed to say that her bike split was faster than mine. My swim and run were faster, and overall time was faster, but not a whole lot - it was a hard sprint. So that's pretty pathetic, on my part, that I basically got my a$$ kicked by an old lady I actually saw her on the run course, an out-and-back and she was starting out and I was heading back home. I was about to die at that point (had a great swim, but the bike flat out killed me) and she just looked at me, in her little flowery bathing suit and shorts and said "Looks like we're doing some race-walking!" and smiles Needless to say, that got me going again

I hope I can still walk without assistance when I'm 83, never mind do a triathlon.

DAMN!!! that's crazy.  Maybe she had an electric bike. haha ...tryin' to make ya feel better. 

Goals when I'm over the age of 80:

1) Walking on my own and

2) to not be that old guy that farts in the grocery store while buying bread and milk because we're suppossed to get a dusting of snow and need to stock up

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 83 yr old runner Rss Feed