Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » multi planned work outs sequence Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-19 3:34 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: multi planned work outs sequence
On a day where there are two planned work outs, do I do them in order? For instance, tomorrow is Ride and (Optional) Run. Does that mean I do the ride before the run. Also, I don't think these are bricks, so how much time between work outs? The reason I ask, is Sunday the schedule was bike and run. I did the run first in the morning and a few hours did the bike...and died. Does the schedule know something I don't?

2009-01-19 4:13 PM
in reply to: #1916758

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: multi planned work outs sequence

Just my opinion... BUT, unless it calls for a brick (or if they specifically say the order), it doesn't matter when you do them in the day.  I'm sure it's better to do a high intensity before a recovery, but I say, get them in when you can.

It's hard enough planning your day around training, so get them in when it's most convenient for you.

Sometimes I do one in the morning, one in the evening, one at lunch and one at night, etc.  Whenever it works for you.

2009-01-19 5:56 PM
in reply to: #1916758

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: multi planned work outs sequence

The order really doesn't matter. However they fit into your day should be the primary guide.

Also, unless the plan specifically calls for a brick, it isn't. They are two distinct workouts.

As to what to put between them, at least a couple hours and a decent meal is best. A nap in between isn't a bad idea if you can swing it, but I don't know many people who can work that in. This doesn't always work, though. I've had those days where the only way to get a swim and run in is to do them both at the Y one after the other. We're busy. It happens.

As to why you crashed on the run, if your logs are any indication, you've ramped up your volume and probably intensity pretty quickly. Too much too soon is a great way to get injured. Your body may be trying to tell you to ease off a bit.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » multi planned work outs sequence Rss Feed