General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adding weight training to 13 week program? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-27 12:32 AM

Subject: Adding weight training to 13 week program?

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to this site and to triathlons. I'm training for my first sprint in May. I have 16 weeks down in my training schedule but it is essentially the 13 week orginial program. The information on this site is great, very helpful!

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction (article, old post, whatever) for deciding if I should and how to incorporate weight training to a program like the above. Or is it likely I will become much stronger by just sticking to the program with an appropriate diet. 

Thanks for any help!

K

2009-01-27 6:37 AM
in reply to: #1930858

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Adding weight training to 13 week program?

Welcome to BT!

Because of the varying philosophies about weight training in the sport, they have created a whole separate weight training forum within BT.  If you go to the main "Forums" button at the top of any page and click it you will go to the main menu for forums.  Scroll down about halfway and you'll find the Weight Training forum.  Good luck!

2009-01-27 7:11 AM
in reply to: #1930858

Expert
Southeast
Subject: RE: Adding weight training to 13 week program?
As for the 'how', Rick sent you in the right direction.  As for the 'if', as his post suggested, this is controversial, not to say emotional.  Search the forums (for example like this) and you'll get a pretty good idea pretty quickly of what people think and in some cases why they think it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adding weight training to 13 week program? Rss Feed