General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coaches in Jax FL Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-19 9:42 AM

User image

New user
Jax, Fl
Subject: Swim Coaches in Jax FL
Im looking for a personal Swin Coach in Jacksonville. I know that UNF has a masters swim program but I was looking to find a 1 on 1 coach for a few sessions. Anybody know of one?

2009-02-23 2:07 PM
in reply to: #1970274

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Swim Coaches in Jax FL

Couple of options:

First, email Hammerheads prez Susan Wallis and ask for recommendations; contact info at www.hammerheadtriathlonclub.org.

Second, there's a guy who coaches at the Clay county YMCAs who also coaches one on one; I don't know his name but the Y can probably give you contact info.  I know a couple of people who've had lessons from him and say he's good. 

Thirdly,

Show up at either the UNF master's session or the one at Episcopal High and ask their members.  The master's coach often does one-on-one lessons.

2009-02-23 2:27 PM
in reply to: #1970274

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Swim Coaches in Jax FL

I swim at the Brooks YMCA. You have to be a member but it is worth the membership. the brooks Y is amazing if you haven't been there. The master team swims on w/f and it is all levels. We swim at 6-7:30 but some people get out at 7 due to work. Our coach (lindsey) is SUPER great and she was a super at Purdue. She is really nice and it is a great group of people in the morning. It is an indoor pool.
Also, there are evening masters as well.

Email me if you have any more questions...

[email protected]

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coaches in Jax FL Rss Feed