General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training in Miami Beach/Eastern Miami... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-23 10:31 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Training in Miami Beach/Eastern Miami...
Hey Guys,

There is a chance I'll be moving down that way either later this year or early next year. And I'm curious how the training is? I'm sure the weather makes it great but are there good roads you can use for long rides without encountering tons of traffic and traffic lights? I'm sure OWS options are in abundance but how about good indoor lap pools? How about the tri community?

Thanks for your help. I was down there this past weekend and man was the weather nice.

--Chris

2009-02-23 11:15 AM
in reply to: #1977102

User image

Expert
Near Tampa
Subject: RE: Training in Miami Beach/Eastern Miami...

Chris:  although I live in the Tampa Bay area, I oftern travel to Miami on biz, that said, go to the Key Biscayne area and you will find yourself amongst your own.  There will be no shortage of triathletes there.

Good luck and welcome to the Sunshine state.  Ah, remember to carry sun block! and planty of water.  There's also MIT on March (18??)  that's the equivalent to St Anthony's on St. Pete  
C-Ya

2009-02-23 12:22 PM

User image

Miami,FL
Hey Chris...south florida is full of triathletes and we have a few triathlon teams. There are tons of races a year and all very well organized. If you plan on living in miami beach, your best option for riding with minimal interruptions is key biscayne which is miami's triathlete capital, and where many triathletes train and compete as well since a large majority of the races are located there. As far as swimming pools, im sure there will be plenty around since there's a fitness center everywhere you turn especially miami beach. Well good luck and see ya in a race someday!
2009-02-23 1:22 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Hey Concretechris...

Welcome to the Sunshine State of Florida....

Here...You will find many places to train and race Triathlons all year round....

Here is one of the people that organize excellent Races almost all year round in South Florida: www.MultiRace.com

Key Biscayne is one of the best place to train....Now if you want to train for long bike rides without traffic....The Redlands is one of the best...and...from Key Biscayne to Biscayne National Park is other excellent route taking Old Cutle Road...

You will find tons of Tria Clubs....

For swimming....OWS...at the ocean....LOL

Good Luck!!!!

Edited by velorider62 2009-02-23 1:23 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training in Miami Beach/Eastern Miami... Rss Feed