General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Starting line or Finish line? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-03-02 3:43 PM
in reply to: #1989555

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Starting line or Finish line?
I always like the starting line, the finish line, too. The finish wins, because there are still too many questions to be answered at the start. The questions after the finish have an answer in future preparation.

2009-03-02 9:49 PM

New user
I've yet to race a tri...first one this spring if i get a bike...but racing cross-country and track competitively in high school it would depend on the race.  The starting line was always a thrill, just waiting for the gun, but the finish line would usually top it if it was a close race.  The thrill of racing someone side by side was always more of a thrill than finishing lone, especially if I was able to pull them back in (I anchored the 4x400 for almost every relay team I was on for all four years).
2009-03-03 7:22 AM

User image

Regular
I don't know if it has been said already, but I like the idea of the start line being the "finish" of your training, and the race itself is just a big "victory lap." I also think it depends on the racers fitness and whether they are wanting to complete the race, or have an absolute time goal. If you are looking towards a time goal, you have to meet or beat it to feel that feeling of thorough accomplishment. If, on the other hand, you just want to complete the race as a milestone in your life, the starting line is most important and the race is something to be enjoyed.
2009-03-03 7:39 AM

User image

Alpharetta, GA
For me it's the finish line and the prospect of achieving your goal, however it always amazes me that for the longer races, Ironman in particular, how many people make it to the start uninjured.  That is half the feat right there.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Starting line or Finish line? Rss Feed  

of 2