Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-03-03 7:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sunny San Diego
Subject: The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler)
Yes, I admit I got sucked into watching this season of The Bachelor by my wife. Mostly because I think Melissa is such a cutie. But last night's finale was the lowest of the low.

For those of you who don't watch or care for the show- this is basically what happened. Jason choose and proposed to Melissa (making her the happiest woman on earth ). Because that happened six weeks ago, they could not really be together until the airing of the finale this week. Jason comes on to the show and has had a change of heart and breaks up with Melissa on national TV because he realized that he was more "in love" with Molly (the other finalist). So the producers bring Molly back and Jason asks Molly to give him another shot. Of course Molly says yes, extending her 15 minutes of infamy.

At least it was great when Melissa went off on Jason, calling him a bastard. I give Jason and Molly one week after their "celebrity" status has gone away before they're history.

2009-03-03 8:32 AM
in reply to: #1993511

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: RE: The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler)

My wife and daughter watch this show and I ridicule them for it the whole time..

The basis of this show is that 25 people meet this person that they don't know (in this case, I think he was a finalist on another season of the show) and "fall in love" in something like 30 days.  He simultaneously dates these women, eliminating a few each week until he gets to two.  Of course, he is in love with both of them and has a terrible decision to make, because he has to say goodbye to someone that he cares about so he can marry the other one. 

Now, c'mon.  If you don't know which of two women you want to marry the day before you ask one to marry you, and in the prior two days to asking one of them to marry you, you have a date with each in which you are snuggling and kissing and whatever else is going on, you are not in any position to ask anyone to marry you - plain and simple. 

Basically, this show is 25 women (or men, as they have bachelorettes as well) giving one person permission to cheat on them up until the moment that he or she asks them to get married.   Hmmmmm.  I wonder if these relationships will work. 

So this jack-, selects one girl after sending the other one off, saying that he is following his heart and his head, and tells her that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her and his 4 year old son and they have this nice event where he gets down on one knee and proposes and the little boy comes out and they play in the pool in there dress clothes.  Then I threw up in my mouth a little. 

Then , they go right into this "after show" where the jack- is distraught because, after 3 months - where they spent a few days together after the show, and then spent the holidays together, but have lived in two different cities (Seattle and Dallas) the chemistry is different.  Perhaps, and this may just be me being a cynic, it is because you don't have a bunch of other honey's on the side wanting to jump in the hot tub with you.  Then, he tells the girl that he selected that he has to follow his heart and his head (I thought we already did that) and see where things go with the other girl.  I think the problem here is that this guy doesn't have a heart and his head is crammed way far up his bum.  Maybe that's just me.  Anyway, this jack- brings her on TV and tells her that things have changed, he's still in love with the other girl, and wants to see if that will work.  ON TV, he tells her this.  I want to hear no complaints from those that have been dumped via e-mail and text from this point out.  This girl was dumped in front of a national TV audience so this guy could go on Jimmy Kimmel and what not and have his 15 minutes.  WOW.

Here's a little clue for everyone.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days, you are wrong.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days and you have been on less than 10 dates, you really need to see a therapist.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days and you don't decide that until the day before you ask her - you are certifiable.  If you continue to date women even though you felt from the moment that you met a certain one that she was exactly what you were looking for, to be fair to them, then you are a jack-, or something a little harsher than that. 

I felt bad for the girl, but really, what did she expect?

2009-03-03 8:32 AM

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
It was a terrible situation for all involved, but man that was GREAT TV!

Yeah, for being such a level-headed guy throughout the show, Jason really came off as a Brett Favre last night.

To be fair, though, Jason and Melissa WERE able to spend time together and he said the chemistry was just different off camera and out of the spotlight. I can buy that. And I think it's equally unfair to paint Molly as anything other than a beautiful, sweet and sincere young lady. He had two great choices, although I will admit to favoring Molly simply because Melissa often seemed too immature in some situations.

I can understand how hard it was for Jason to be in love with two women and then feel like he made the wrong choice-- if and only if it turns out he and Molly were really destined to be together. But if he and Molly also break up in two months, then Jason will turn out to be the biggest cad of a Bachelor yet.

2009-03-03 8:36 AM

User image

Queen BTich

I only watched the first year/season of this show. Not good tv, but thanks for the update! You saved me a TON of tv time and I got all the dirt!

Crazy, crappy, and just awful that he did that for ratings (producers anyone?). But, I'm not suprised.

2009-03-03 9:00 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Spokes 2009-03-03 9:03 AM
2009-03-03 9:07 AM

Champion
Philly 'burbs
I cannot fully express how much this show disgusts me.

2009-03-03 9:22 AM
in reply to: #1993689

Elite
Muskego, WI

mrbbrad - 2009-03-03 9:07 AM I cannot fully express how much this show disgusts me.

True enough, but it's like crack.  You get sucked into the vortex and cannot stop. 

I generally echo scoobysdad.  They supposedly had time together post-show, chemistry was off.  Then he went all Brett Favre last night.

2009-03-03 9:42 AM
in reply to: #1993748

Champion
the colony texas

where else is it normal to be sleeping with another women the night before{or a couple nights] you propose to someone, and it's considered "par for the course" though.

it cracks me up that once they leave that fantasy world,and back to reality that  the guy has a change of heart since "things seem different".  Of course he will be thinking fondly of the other women since his only exposure to her was back at that make believe bachelor world...    I really liked it when the girl said that he wasn't willing to work or fight for her or their relationship and just wanted to bail at the first sign that something needed work.

2009-03-03 10:47 AM

Extreme Veteran
Sunny San Diego
I was under the assumption that after the "engagement", the couple were not allowed to see each or risk being seen together and TMZ spoiling the ending of the show. I am a fan of Melissa but she didn't seem the sharpest tool in the shed and maybe after 6 weeks of talking to her on the phone, her cuteness wore off.

2009-03-03 11:07 AM
in reply to: #1994010

Champion
the colony texas

joker70 - 2009-03-03 10:47 AM I was under the assumption that after the "engagement", the couple were not allowed to see each or risk being seen together and TMZ spoiling the ending of the show. I am a fan of Melissa but she didn't seem the sharpest tool in the shed and maybe after 6 weeks of talking to her on the phone, her cuteness wore off. .

what I read ( and they talked about last night on the show) was they are given time together that is arranged to limit the chance of being seen, as well as lots of phone access where they are given secure phones to talk with each other on.... Supposedly on tuesdays there is a lot to talk about after the lady see's the prior nights activities on the show. 

2009-03-03 11:20 AM

Veteran
Chicago

I have to confess that I get sucked into this show occasionally.  I only watched a few episodes this season, but really liked Molly when I did happen to catch it.  

So here is my question, how much of this show is "real", and how much is "staged"?  I can't possibly believe all the things that happen are authentic.  Besides the endings that seem set up I think that throughout the season the contestants are staged to do particular things, and maybe they even get some sort of reward or incentive from the producers.  For example, there was an episode in an earlier season where the bachelor said the wrong girl's name, and had to revise it (the incorrect girl got to stay an extra round anyway).  There are tons of cheesy examples like that where it seems incredibly phony.  Nonetheless, I still can't help but tune in occasionally each season and hope for another Trista & Ryan story.

2009-03-03 11:41 AM

Champion
Brandon, MS

When he ran to the balcony and was completely bawling I got kicked out of the room for laughing.  It was like watching a really, really bad soap or something.  Which, is probably all that show is anyway.

Still, girlie got broken up with on national TV.  I can't really think of a crappier way to get dumped.  Good thing there wasn't a studio audience there so it could be appropriate and intimate. 

2009-03-03 12:06 PM
in reply to: #1994155

Expert
Barrington Area, IL
sesh - 2009-03-03 11:41 AM

When he ran to the balcony and was completely bawling I got kicked out of the room for laughing.  It was like watching a really, really bad soap or something.  Which, is probably all that show is anyway.

Still, girlie got broken up with on national TV.  I can't really think of a crappier way to get dumped.  Good thing there wasn't a studio audience there so it could be appropriate and intimate. 

I was cracking up as well - although I think he was acting.

He slowly walks aound and puts his hands in his face - some of the worst acting I have ever seen.

2009-03-03 12:50 PM
in reply to: #1994155

Extreme Veteran
Seattle
sesh - 2009-03-03 9:41 AM

That was the best part imo.  "Out of consideration for the feelings of the parties involved we will only be showing this to 20 million people instead of 20 million and fifty."

I ended up in the doghouse for excessive laughter too.

2009-03-03 1:11 PM
in reply to: #1993576

Sensei
Sin City
jdwright56 - 2009-03-03 6:32 AM

My wife and daughter watch this show and I ridicule them for it the whole time..

The basis of this show is that 25 people meet this person that they don't know (in this case, I think he was a finalist on another season of the show) and "fall in love" in something like 30 days.  He simultaneously dates these women, eliminating a few each week until he gets to two.  Of course, he is in love with both of them and has a terrible decision to make, because he has to say goodbye to someone that he cares about so he can marry the other one. 

Now, c'mon.  If you don't know which of two women you want to marry the day before you ask one to marry you, and in the prior two days to asking one of them to marry you, you have a date with each in which you are snuggling and kissing and whatever else is going on, you are not in any position to ask anyone to marry you - plain and simple. 

Basically, this show is 25 women (or men, as they have bachelorettes as well) giving one person permission to cheat on them up until the moment that he or she asks them to get married.   Hmmmmm.  I wonder if these relationships will work. 

So this jack-, selects one girl after sending the other one off, saying that he is following his heart and his head, and tells her that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her and his 4 year old son and they have this nice event where he gets down on one knee and proposes and the little boy comes out and they play in the pool in there dress clothes.  Then I threw up in my mouth a little. 

Then , they go right into this "after show" where the jack- is distraught because, after 3 months - where they spent a few days together after the show, and then spent the holidays together, but have lived in two different cities (Seattle and Dallas) the chemistry is different.  Perhaps, and this may just be me being a cynic, it is because you don't have a bunch of other honey's on the side wanting to jump in the hot tub with you.  Then, he tells the girl that he selected that he has to follow his heart and his head (I thought we already did that) and see where things go with the other girl.  I think the problem here is that this guy doesn't have a heart and his head is crammed way far up his bum.  Maybe that's just me.  Anyway, this jack- brings her on TV and tells her that things have changed, he's still in love with the other girl, and wants to see if that will work.  ON TV, he tells her this.  I want to hear no complaints from those that have been dumped via e-mail and text from this point out.  This girl was dumped in front of a national TV audience so this guy could go on Jimmy Kimmel and what not and have his 15 minutes.  WOW.

Here's a little clue for everyone.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days, you are wrong.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days and you have been on less than 10 dates, you really need to see a therapist.  If you think you know someone well enough to get married in 30 days and you don't decide that until the day before you ask her - you are certifiable.  If you continue to date women even though you felt from the moment that you met a certain one that she was exactly what you were looking for, to be fair to them, then you are a jack-, or something a little harsher than that. 

I felt bad for the girl, but really, what did she expect?

Hooray JD!!!  You read my mind...

The thing I kept yelling at the TV about (my wife was watching), is that in his 'speech' he kept saying things like "I have been wanting to tell you for a long time that you were the one/I love you" or "I knew from the moment I first saw you" whatever.  But 3-4 days before the "proposal", he's banging some other girl.  That hardly sounds like "love" to me.....

Also, how could any self respecting girl accept a proposal from some guy who was openly sleeping (or at least close to it), with other women just days before?

I guess that's 'reality TV'.

2009-03-03 1:13 PM
in reply to: #1994219

Sensei
Sin City
Wolff27 - 2009-03-03 10:06 AM
sesh - 2009-03-03 11:41 AM

I was cracking up as well - although I think he was acting. He slowly walks aound and puts his hands in his face - some of the worst acting I have ever seen.

x2 to both of these posts...

2009-03-03 1:44 PM
in reply to: #1993748

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
morey1 - 2009-03-03 9:22 AM

Then he went all Brett Favre last night.

Heh. Good one.

2009-03-03 1:44 PM
in reply to: #1994429

Sensei
Sin City

I was also trying to come up with the most horrible things that could happen in this train wreck...

Like if the second girl never gets out of the Limo, so they show him running down the street after the first limo yelling "I changed my mind!!!"

Funny thing is, I was not too far off.

BTW, wasn't there a time on the Bachelor or Bachelorette that someone DID get stood up?  Maybe they had both girls waiting, and the guy showed up for one and not the other, leaving her stand there like a fool..  Some weird twist...

2009-03-03 2:23 PM
in reply to: #1994527

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Aikidoman - 2009-03-03 2:44 PM

I was also trying to come up with the most horrible things that could happen in this train wreck...

Like if the second girl never gets out of the Limo, so they show him running down the street after the first limo yelling "I changed my mind!!!"

Funny thing is, I was not too far off.

BTW, wasn't there a time on the Bachelor or Bachelorette that someone DID get stood up?  Maybe they had both girls waiting, and the guy showed up for one and not the other, leaving her stand there like a fool..  Some weird twist...

One year a girl declined a rose saying something to the effect that she didn't think he was right for her. I'd like to see more of that.

I mean, if I wasn't thoroughly disgusted by this show.

Edited by mrbbrad 2009-03-03 2:24 PM
2009-03-03 3:24 PM

Elite
I've watched all season...yes, ashamed to admit it, but it's a guilty pleasure for my wife and me.
I think he was genuine. I believe the guy. I think Melissa's name should have been "showtime." Like Jason found out, she's very different without the cameras rolling. It was quite obvious he made the wrong choice as Melissa is quite immature and not ready for marriage let alone parenting.

I say bravo to Jason for following his heart...eventually.

The only concern I had was why his cutting it off had to be done on-air.

To those who think he was "acting," during what stage of the show did you see him "acting" before? I just didn't see any acting. He was genuinely torn, still carried a flame for Molly that he tried to suppress but couldn't...and then there's Molly who was genuinely shocked. I was very happy for her. I can't wait for tonight's show at 10:00!
2009-03-03 3:29 PM

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
I haven't watched a single second of the show, but read this review on it this morning, and thought it was hilarious.  Maybe those of you who did watch will find it entertaining...

2009-03-03 3:38 PM
in reply to: #1994768

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

madkat - 2009-03-03 3:29 PM I haven't watched a single second of the show, but read this review on it this morning, and thought it was hilarious.  Maybe those of you who did watch will find it entertaining...

OK I didn't watch one minute of this season, but this quote from the review made me LOL so hard I cried:

Jason just stands there waiting for Molly to come out, and looking at Melissa like she's the teacher from Peanuts, all "wah waaaaaaaaahwahwahwah wah." Jason SUCKS, y'all.

2009-03-03 3:47 PM

Elite
I don't understand the Jason-hating. The guy seems like a class act to me. Why people are putting Melissa on a pedestal is beyond me. She's obviously got a poor track record with men (repeatedly dumped). Sorry, but that doesn't happen by chance. She isn't ready to be married let alone be a step-mom. Just my 2 cents.
2009-03-03 3:55 PM
in reply to: #1994830

Elite
Muskego, WI

ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-03 3:47 PM I don't understand the Jason-hating. The guy seems like a class act to me. Why people are putting Melissa on a pedestal is beyond me. She's obviously got a poor track record with men (repeatedly dumped). Sorry, but that doesn't happen by chance. She isn't ready to be married let alone be a step-mom. Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I see what you're saying.  Here's the thing...like every other bachelor, he could have just done the "After the Rose" thing and said it didn't work out, or that they were taking it slow, or what-e-vah.  Is Molly so freakin' special that you have to publicly humiliate yourself and another person?  Let's face it, the chances of it working with Molly at any level are like 1 in 100, and not because they don't make a nice couple.  It's just the nature of this thing.

That being said, I'm not a huge Melissa fan either.

I am a fan of her parents though.  At least someone's got some dignity.  Sorry honey, we're not participating in this circus.  Sweet.

2009-03-03 4:14 PM
in reply to: #1994830

Modesto, California

ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-03 1:47 PM I don't understand the Jason-hating. The guy seems like a class act to me. Why people are putting Melissa on a pedestal is beyond me. She's obviously got a poor track record with men (repeatedly dumped). Sorry, but that doesn't happen by chance. She isn't ready to be married let alone be a step-mom. Just my 2 cents.

Not showing sympathy with Jason,but Melissa threw up a huge red flag when her parents refused to appear, as a valid candidate on the show her parents should have been on board. I get the feeling her parents continued to avoid Jason or she still had not told them yet and he backed out on his proposal. Jason clearly did not show too much class offering seconds to Molly,bad call!

Edited by nevergivin 2009-03-03 4:23 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Rss Feed  

of 4