General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clydesdale swim wear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-31 1:55 PM

New user
Urbandale, IA
Subject: Clydesdale swim wear
Hey all - I breezed through a few pages here and was looking for some good swimming gear for clydedales. Specifically the swim trunks. I wear a pair of tri shorts that are a bit mangled and would love to get just some regular spandex swim gear. I wear an XL in shorts and my tri shorts are an XL as well. 42-ish inch waste errr waist is what I am looking for and it seems like tyr and speedo stop just short of that range....

Any suggestions? any help?? it is all appreciated!

2009-03-31 3:19 PM
in reply to: #2051624

User image

On your right
Subject: RE: Clydesdale swim wear
You'd most likely be ok with a 40 waist on some jammers.  I wear a 38 waist in my pants, and so I have 38 for my jammers, but I could easily wear the 36's.  And if you keep up with the workouts, soon they will be too big for you.  There's not a much better feeling than needing to trade in your old clothes for smaller ones.
2009-03-31 7:13 PM

User image

Veteran
I have the same issue, except I need a couple more inches.  I have a friend who is a swim coach and one of his swim gear connections suggested going with the square legged swim suits rather than the jammers.  They are shorter than the jammer and not as tight but they come in waist sizes up to 44.  Once I get the exact name of them I will post it here (should be tomorrow).  Not real thrilled about the short length but it has to be better than swimming in a baggy suit.
2009-03-31 8:16 PM

User image

Regular
Providence, R.I.

I just picked up a pair of these at the reccomendation of another BT'er and they fit great.  They go up to a 40" waist and are poly which apparently lasts much longer than spandex too.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/7890.htm

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clydesdale swim wear Rss Feed