Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » 10k Race - Calgary & Edmonton Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-13 4:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: 10k Race - Calgary & Edmonton

Hey there -

I don't live in Canada, but I wanted to let you all know about a fun charity run coming up in June. 

Full disclosure...I have been on BT since 2004 or 2005, I post occasionally on the boards (I lurk mostly) but use the training log quite religiously to track my progress (currently training for my first IM and 2nd HIM) .  My husband is working on these events and I thought this would be a great place to get the word out about the Underwear Affair!  If you've done this race before, what did you think about it? 

These races were already posted in the races section of BT, so you can get more detail there (link is below).  I hope you'll sign up! 

<style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Calgary - June 6, 2009 & Edmonton June 20, 2009

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail.asp?linkid=26101

Visit uncoverthecure.org for more info:

The Underwear Affair is a fun 10K run or 5K walk that benefits often underfunded cancers like prostate, colorectal and cervical. It’s time to do something bold and help support the Alberta Cancer Foundation’s effort to find cures and better treatments for these cancers.

The Underwear Affair is one of those rare events that combine a really great cause and a really good time. It’s for people of all ages, all athletic abilities, and all fashion statements. Of course, participating in your underwear is encouraged, but not required. From crazy costumes to great company, on June 6, 2009, join the masses as they journey through the streets of Calgary in support of cancers below the waist.

-sharon

PS - There are two other events, Vancouver (11 July) and Toronto (29 August), so I'll be posting about those as well in their respective locations. 

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » 10k Race - Calgary & Edmonton Rss Feed