General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to triathlon training Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-09 4:11 PM

New user

Hernando, Mississippi
Subject: New to triathlon training

Hi everyone.

My name is Josh. I am new to this whole idea of triathlons. I recently weighed approx. 268lbs as of Christmas of 2008. As of June 2009 I now weigh 205lbs and still plan on losing weight. Since my weight loss, I run and lift weights 6 days a week and rest on sundays.

Because of the heathly lifestyle change that I have made, I have set a goal for myself. I want to get myself in a good physical shape to be able to complete a triathlon. Notice I did not say, compete just complete.

Right now I am just trying to figure out how to train the right way to prepare myself for the swim, bike and run. I am in the process of purchasing a bike and trying to find a place to swim.

I am a Police Officer in Mississippi and I have recently been assigned to Bike Patrol Unit for the summer. All the other officers at the Department did not want to do it, but I look at this as a chance to train and get paid for it.

So there you go.

Thanks for reading,

calbears28

2009-06-10 2:55 AM
in reply to: #2206037

User image

Master
Almost Canada, WA
Subject: RE: New to triathlon training
Welcome to BT and congrats on your weight loss ~ that's awesome!!  My advice to you is to take advantage of all this site has to offer...the plans are great and the challenges will keep you on your toes!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to triathlon training Rss Feed