General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-12 9:41 PM

User image

Subject: Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - Marathon : Official Thread

The Confirmation Sheet is available on the RnR website now.

2009-06-15 3:18 PM
in reply to: #2214869

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - Marathon : Official Thread
Did my last long run today.  It didn't go well at all.  Oh well, I'll see what happens on the 27th.
2009-06-15 5:37 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

Two more long runs for me! Eek. I have been lacking in my training. I'm excited about "Corralled" hehe

2009-06-22 8:21 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Is it super annoying to anyone else that on Thursday the parking is $20 due to a Mariner's game that afternoon?  I'd say that is bad planning and they should have moved the packet pickup somewhere that is not in the middle of all that chaos.  Then they send the email saying "we prefer you come on Thursday, sorry parking is $20!".... it's $10 on Friday, not much better.  So much for the good deal of signing up for $40, as once it's all done it's going to be quite an expensive run!! 

Not to be totally negative, I am feeling excited about the actual race.  Wondering if I should move up to a faster corral or just stay where I was put which I think is 2:22, so not bad.  I'd love to go sub-2 but am not sure I have it in me!

Michelle, I am pretty sure I will hitch a ride to the start line with you!!  I'll be scamming for a ride home from strangers, though....but I am ok with that.

2009-06-25 12:09 AM

User image

I am not annoyed at all.  This is a premier race event.  It is very exciting that Rock n Roll is coming to Seattle!  Seattle has some of the best local bands and now we get to see them all in the course of a run.   It is also bringing a lot of people to the city to stay in the hotels, eat in the restaurants, and shop in our stores.   It's an awesome thing for this area.

I work in downtown Seattle so parking fees are pretty routine, as is carpooling.  There are other lots around the area that will cost less, you just have to be willing to walk a few blocks.   Bussing is also an easy way to get to the expo because Qwest Exhibition Center is super accessible from the Metro International District Station.  Just take a bus from one of the many park and ride lots near the city; parking is free and bus fare is $2.00-$2.50.

This type of race takes a ton of volunteers to be a success.  I hope that everyone will give them all a big thank you, besides a free t-shirt it's the only "paycheck" they get.

This race is an event race with 25,000 people.  It will be experience.  If you don't want crowds or you are really wanting to PR, this may not be the ideal race for you.  Also, this is a first time event, so expect that not every thing will run smoothly.  If it's too much to put up with, consider the DNS option. 

Edited by zagagirl 2009-06-25 12:18 AM
2009-06-25 12:11 AM
in reply to: #2219237

User image

Angry Puppy- I think you will be ready to have a rockin' time on Saturday!

2009-06-25 12:34 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

There are 2 RnR threads so I will post in both.  Who is going to the concert at Marymoor on Sat night?  Should we attempt to have a meetup?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed