General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » finished my first Tri yesterday Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-22 4:20 PM

User image

New user

Cambridge
Subject: finished my first Tri yesterday
Hi folks, I've met some of the Boston area BT folks, but I wanted to say hello to others on here as well...

I did my first Tri yesterday, and it felt good, all things considered.  I have trained irregularly (mostly running, some biking, and swimming only breaststroke in a pool), signed up with less than two months to train, and got less than 3 hours of sleep the night before the race, due to circumstances beyond my control.  It still felt awesome to finish, but also I felt great during the race.

I plan on training more regularly now that I understand some of what to expect, and can contextualize it with my city-oriented training.

I would like to focus on improving my swimming skills first and foremost.  that was my biggest challenge going into this Tri.

My times were very slow for my age group, but I am not deterred, rather motivated to improve.

My training logs started yesterday, as I wanted to put everything into perspective before I started to record what I am doing.  I tend to focus on the effort as a whole more often than I do on incremental progress..now I can start to change that. 

Thanks to everyone on BT whose posts have motivated me while I was lurking...and to the Boston area folks (especially my amazing girlfriend) whom got me into this with their gentle prodding.  I really appreciate it.

2009-06-22 6:16 PM
in reply to: #2235157

User image

Subject: RE: finished my first Tri yesterday
That's awesome man! Congrats! I've signed up for my first tri in late August, and I completely understand about your irregular training schedule. I do what I can because my work schedule keeps me on the road almost every week of the month.

Keep it up, and congrats again!

-Tim
2009-06-23 5:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
congrats on your first, keep up the good work.lol
2009-06-23 11:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Farmington NY
Feels good doesn't it? Congrats.
2009-06-24 4:48 PM

User image

Gainesville, FL
congrats on your first tri, wish you the best
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » finished my first Tri yesterday Rss Feed