none
Event warmup:

none
Run
  • 1h 09m 58s
  • 8 miles
  • 08m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

Prep. race for Rhode Island. 3rd time in 4 years did this race. By know, I pretty much know the course.

I forgot my watch and there is no time on the course. This is a nice local race, pretty informal. At least they had mile markers on the course, else I'd have been flying completely blind.

I ran on feel. At the 2 mile point, chatted with a guy and asked him the time, only to realize that I was a little ahead of my anticipated pace. This was surprising because we had just climbed a .5 mile straight uphill climb.

After that, just settled in and ran. Had some tummy cramping issues, but just ran through them. I also limited the amount of water I took, for no other reason then I wanted to see how I felt dehyrdated at the end.

As I have no idea about splits, all I have to go on is the final line time. The clock time was 1:10:04. I'm estimating myself 6 seconds to the start line for several reasons, including me lining up towards the back and the failure of any gun - so it was at some point in time I realized that people had started running.

Solid race. I'm very happy with my time and results. Most importantly, gave me a good boost of confidence for next week.
Post race

Last updated: 2009-06-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:58 | 08 miles | 08m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: 8 mile loop around Mahopac Lake (or is it Lake Mahopac?)
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?