General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor race swim..wetsuit or no wetsuit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-02 4:17 PM

User image

Regular
Superior WI.
Subject: Indoor race swim..wetsuit or no wetsuit
So i was wondering to all you pros and not so pros out there. I am doing a indoor tri this weekend and i was wondering weather or not to use my trisuit or not. I reacently pulled my calcanus tib ligament and am in a running brace for 2 more weeks(gonna hurt my transition time) but the suit seems to help out in ankle pain. i have swam in the pool at school with the trisuit on. Any suggestions would help. Do any of youall swim indoor with a trisuit on? Get back to me

2005-05-02 4:41 PM
in reply to: #151538

User image

Veteran
Greenville, NC
Subject: RE: Indoor race swim..wetsuit or no wetsuit
May not be allowed. Remember USAT says no suits over 78 F. Hopefully the pool is around 82.
2005-05-02 5:27 PM
in reply to: #151538

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
Most indoor tris have pretty short distances (at least around here) so the time you gain may be not worth it. If it's allowed, I think you need to think about if the time gained is not lost in the transition, since if you don't have it on and just have your tri suit on, all you have to do is jump on your bike and go. Probably some timed splits with and without the tri suit on would help us better gauge your situation.

If it's just to help you ankle pain, I guess you'll have to see in two weeks time.
2005-05-02 6:14 PM
in reply to: #151593

User image

Extreme Veteran
Germantown, MD
Are you talking about a tri-suit (worn for swim, bike, and run) or a wetsuit (swim only). I would think a tri-suit is fine for a swim tri, but a wetsuit would be out of the question, unless the pool is really cold. They probably wouldn't even allow it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor race swim..wetsuit or no wetsuit Rss Feed