General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialty running shoe store in Fayetteville/ft. Bragg? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-15 11:30 AM

New user

Subject: Specialty running shoe store in Fayetteville/ft. Bragg?
Does anyone know of a specialty running shoe store here in the fayetteville area?  I'd go to foot locker but last time (when I had no idea what I was really looking for)  they sold me these gawd awful under armour shoes which are not good for anything other than going to the gym.  These things gave horrible shin splints and knee pain my first week of running in them.

2009-07-15 2:34 PM
in reply to: #2287000

User image

Veteran
Fayetteville, NC
Subject: RE: Specialty running shoe store in Fayetteville/ft. Bragg?
Sorry, there isn't one.   There are several in the Raleigh/Durham area.  That is where I went for my first few pairs.  Now that I know what I need & like, I order them on-line.
2009-07-15 3:05 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh
u need a running specific store.

Cary/ Raleigh:

Fleet Feet
InsideOutSports
Raleigh Running Outfitters
2009-07-16 5:13 PM

User image

Regular
Ft. Bragg, NC
thx for the ideas... I went ahead and ordered the Zoot S9MRS51 Energy running shoes.  If I don't like them I'll simply send them back.
2009-07-22 3:54 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

Raleigh Running Outfitters!

I just bought my first pair of real running shoes there and they had the best customer service ever.  He checked my gait/pronation.  They also have a treadmill with a video camera to really get a good look at your gait on a monitor if necessary.

He had me put on two different shoes and told me to go run outside!  How many places let you take new shoes outside on the sidewalk?  He answered all my questions and pulled out as many shoes as I wanted to try.

I have a friend who received excellent personal attention at our Dick's here on Skibo; but when I went the guy would not be bothered with me.  You can try there, but if you're not satisfied that they've checked your gait and pronation properly and answered all your questions, then go elsewhere.

They all carry the same shoes basically; but when it comes to good running shoes, it boils down to the knowledge of the sales person and good customer service to make the sale.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialty running shoe store in Fayetteville/ft. Bragg? Rss Feed