General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Incorporating Cross-Training into your Power Training? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-27 6:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Derry, NH
Subject: Incorporating Cross-Training into your Power Training?

For those of you who are triathletes or do other activities than just ride, can anyone tell me how to incorporate the training I do from other outdoor activities such as hiking, running, etc into my power training using the WKO+ software? I assume that these would make a difference to my performance management graph if I could enter them in some how since I know they make a difference in my riding in one way or another. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Dave

2009-07-27 6:46 PM
in reply to: #2311254

User image

Expert
Southern Pines, NC
Subject: RE: Incorporating Cross-Training into your Power Training?
I've not played with it, but the newest version of WKO+ does calculate TSS for running, and there's some stuff on the trainingpeaks.com website that explains how to calculate a TSS for swimming--I got just far enough into it that I decided that it wasn't worth it to do all that calculating.

WKO+ didn't start out as multisport software, and it shows. It also goes to show just how precise a training tool the power meter is, because you CAN calculate all that stuff on a bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Incorporating Cross-Training into your Power Training? Rss Feed