Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-09 8:27 AM
in reply to: #2335702

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, Fl
Subject: RE: Dumbest 'injury' ever
At the end of an intense workout at TKD I felt lightheaded (trying to loose weight by not eating (dumb)) and started walking to the edge of the mat. Landed on my face. Face was ok (no worse than normal), but managed to sprain my thumb.

2009-08-09 9:25 AM
in reply to: #2336246

User image

Champion
Alabama

aquagirl - 2009-08-08 7:31 PM
Rogillio - 2009-08-08 1:57 PM

aquagirl - 2009-08-08 12:50 PM
Rogillio - 2009-08-08 1:06 PM

aquagirl - 2009-08-08 11:46 AM You have hairy legs. That is all.    

Pretty sexy huh?!  ;-)

~Mike

Wanna borrow one of my pretty pink razors?? 

I ain't shavin' my legs...not this ole redneck country boy.  I don't wear ear rings or use mascara either.

~Mike

But.......but........tri chicks LIKE smooth shaved leg on boys!

Hey, after walking around the pool are that time with bandaids across my nipples, I sure don't need to be shaving my legs!

~Mike

2009-08-09 8:49 PM

User image

Master
Whenever I think of dumb injuries I can't help but think of pitcher Adam Eaton.

He went on the DL and missed a start (not to mention got national TV attention) for injuring himself by opening a DVD with a blade by cutting towards himself and cutting his stomach.

That is hard to top.
2009-08-09 8:58 PM
in reply to: #2335859

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Dumbest 'injury
JJohn - 2009-08-08 12:33 PM Here's mine:
Years ago, at the end of an epic ride (145 miles to Yosemite with lots of climbing), I noticed my front tire looking a little low.  So, even in my dazed state, I did what all cyclist do to check how low a tire is.  I reached down to squeeze it.  Of course, usually we stop the bike first.  I did it at almost 20 mph.  No real damage to my fingers, just a minor abrasion.  It shows how bonked I was.  I felt like an idiot of course.

I did the same thing two weeks ago Smile
2009-08-09 9:07 PM

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Last year, April, one of the first outside rides of the season. We're trucking around in full regalia, Mitchell and I, and we stumble across a couple that clearly has gotten new bikes for Christmas, and somehow have a mechanical...like 3 miles from where they parked. It's the gal that has the mechanical, the guy is looking at it like ummm, I dunno, ...so we stop, and ask how we could help.

Long story short...we couldn't help, needed a chainbreaker, so we volunteer to haul azz back to the car to grab one (Mitchell had one), and we'd be right back around. Prolly take 15 minutes. OK, perfect. Mitchell takes off. I go to clip in and follow him, and before I'm going 3mph, "something" happens. I wish I had film to figure out what it was, but my head went down, my bike (aerobars, zipp, and disc) went over my head at 3mph. 3mph. Or less, it was the first pedal stroke.

The bike went 25 feet, forward. I went 3 feet, down, like a fail judo move.  Broken rib, shoulder injury that I didn't have checked, embarassment up the wazoo, bike was fine and no rash. Hm. After everyone had a good laugh, I did a solid 6mi TT in immense pain to bring that chainbreaker back. But we fixed her ride.    
2009-08-10 12:17 AM
in reply to: #2337556

User image

Extreme Veteran

Two weeks before IMCDA last year, I was tuning a new set of race wheels in prep for a tune-up Oly.  Was riding in a pair of baggy shorts, t-shirt, and no helmet doing "easy" loops in the 0.25 mile loop in our 'hood.  Couldn't seem to tweek my derailleur as desired.  A couple of loops in and was building speed....Turned to take a look behind to see which direction I needed to go with the chain....

Came around the corner hot and wide and looked up to see that my neighbor had just put his trash can out at the curb.  Had to choose between his mailbox and the trash can.  Went for the can and just clipped it with my bar which sent me superman style over the top.  Full impact on my outstretched shoulder, than skidded to a stop.....NASTY roadrash, bent rear hanger, EXTREMELY wounded ego, and ultimately, a labrum tear that had to be surgically repaired.

I did both the oly and IMCDA.

2009-08-10 9:44 AM

User image

Regular
Broke my thumb playing hacky-sack.

Broke my thumb playing softball.

Broke my finger on the rim while dunking a basketball.

Stitches in my finger playing badminton.

Crazy band saw malfunction, more stitches to thumb.

I am starting to see a trend here...........
2009-08-10 10:11 AM

User image

Champion
Eat Cheese or Die
There was the time I:

- ran into a street sign while carrying a coffee table on my bike. Ended up with some good bruises and abrasions.
- tried to clear a leaf from my fork from the back side. I'm amazed none of my fingers got broken when they wedged under the arch and over the bars I went.
- ran into the broad side of a barn while learning to ride a long board skateboard.
- lit my hand on fire. I had just filled a zippo lighter and had fluid all over my hand and the lighter. I looked at it, said to myself "I should really clean my hand before I try it" then flicked the lighter. My hand when up in a blaze of glory. Walked away with just some minor first degree burns and no hair on my hand or lower arm.
-tried to jump out of my tree house and slide down the very thin nylon rope. Ended up with second degree rope burns on my hands.
-fell off a tractor and have a permanent numb spot about 3 inches in diameter on my leg. Happened when I was in 6th grade and it's still numb today. I'm not even really sure what happened to cause the injury.

The year I really focused on learning to wheelie I looped out and landed on my a$$ so many times that I don't think I could sit down correctly for about six months.

There are so many more dumb injuries that I just can't remember. I'm really clumsy plus I tend to do stupid things before I have a chance to think about the consequences.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dumbest 'injury' ever Rss Feed  

of 2