Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-10 11:33 AM
in reply to: #2336727

User image

Extreme Veteran
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Trainer noise and the neighbors

I haven't had to do this, but If I had to quiet my trainer I'd try getting hard foam board (1-1/2 to 2" thick) and gluing on a plywood top (maybe 3/8" thickness).  Make it long enough that the front wheel sits on it as well, and wide enough you can stand on it to mount the bike.  This should stop the vibration transmission.  You could use thinner foam board to surround the trainer.  To get fancy, line it with eggcrate foam.

2009-08-10 11:36 AM
in reply to: #2338632

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-08-10 12:38 PM
in reply to: #2336727

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Trainer noise and the neighbors
All great suggestions, so I won't add anymore to what you can do.

I think ultimately you are going to have to work out a schedule with them... or they are just going to have to suck it up. Just because they decided to have a kid and to live below someone, it doesn't mean that you have to halt your lifestyle. It's not your kid.

I live in apartments and it's pretty much understood that if it's during the daytime you can't complain about the noise.

I'm sorry that they have a baby, but you didn't ask them to have a baby in an apartment.

Maybe you can all agree on the hours that you are allowed to ride on your trainer... and of course, try to do what other said (make a platform, better padding, etc.).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer noise and the neighbors Rss Feed  

of 2