General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foster Street Beach Swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-10 2:01 PM

Veteran
Chicago, IL
Subject: Foster Street Beach Swimming
I just moved up north right near Foster St beach and was curious on the swimming up here. Is swimming allowed? Is it deep water or chest high like most of ohio st beach? I appreciate any input or advice for swimming at Foster St. Also on of the problems I had at Phio st is stuff getting stolen, there wouldnt happen to be any locker access at Foster St would there?
Thanks
dave

2009-08-13 12:42 AM
in reply to: #2339196

User image

Subject: RE: Foster Street Beach Swimming
Dave,

I swim early in the am at Dempster beach in evanston. I do swim at Ohio, however i lock my bag to my bike and have an additonal lock on my bag. I have done this for a couple years now. Dempster beach is almost a ghost town. Evanston charges money to swim unless you get there early.

Crime only happens with oppertunity!
2009-08-17 8:59 AM
in reply to: #2339196

User image

Master
Sacramento, California
Subject: RE: Foster Street Beach Swimming
chi-fire - 2009-08-10 2:01 PM I just moved up north right near Foster St beach and was curious on the swimming up here. Is swimming allowed? Is it deep water or chest high like most of ohio st beach? I appreciate any input or advice for swimming at Foster St. Also on of the problems I had at Phio st is stuff getting stolen, there wouldnt happen to be any locker access at Foster St would there? Thanks dave

It is shallow...they hold the Fleet Feet Super Sprint tri there and you "could" walk the whole thing if you wanted to (and some people do) Not sure how far out it is shallow, but it is for a fair distance at least.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foster Street Beach Swimming Rss Feed