General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Perfect Planner....this time new tire before Sunday's race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-13 10:13 PM

User image

Subject: The Perfect Planner....this time new tire before Sunday's race

OK. In my typical fashion I'm trying something new just days( or less ) before the race.  This time it's not so much my own intention. I blew a tire for the first time just the other day and decided to order 'racing' tires.  Well, ONE of them came in and the other is still in transit.  WHY? Because one was on sale from one seller and the other at regular price from another.  Yes, this is indeed smart I know.  Anyway, enough self-bashing. I just replaced the blown tire (REAR WHEEL) with the VITTORIA OPEN CORSA EVO EX and left the front tire alone which has the Continental Ultra Sport. 

Will there be a considerable difference when riding?  I have not tested it on the road yet as it is almost midnight and I have to get up early to start packing for our family vacation.  But, I wanted some experienced opinions from others.  Go ahead and share your thoughts.

Thanks.

2009-08-14 12:44 PM
in reply to: #2347749

User image

Master
Calgary, AB
Silver member
Subject: RE: The Perfect Planner....this time new tire before Sunday's race
Mixed tires is fine. Pro2 on the back and a pro3 on the front is somewhat common.
2009-08-15 6:20 PM
in reply to: #2348919

User image

Subject: RE: The Perfect Planner....this time new tire before Sunday's race
Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Perfect Planner....this time new tire before Sunday's race Rss Feed