General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New! Sprint triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-16 7:04 PM

Subject: New! Sprint triathlon
Hi!
I've never done a triathlon.  I'm planning on trying my first one in the beginning of next summer.  I'm a graduate student but other than that I really don't have any hobbies.  So I have decided to try this extremely challenging hobby/sport!  My goal for the 1st triathlon is simply to finish it (a sprint triathlon)... that is all.  Then to improve my time from there. 

I swam competitively in high school which wasn't too long ago.  And I've been spending some quality time in the pool recently.  I genuinely love to swim and I'm a distance swimmer.  I have done some lake swimming in the past.  Most of my training will be in a pool but I'm sure I will be able to get in some lake swims.

I feel okay about biking... at least I can handling spinning.  So I have a small base to continue to build on.

Running.... well that's going to be my main challenge. And I've heard/read that T2 is the hardest part.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions as I start my training... so I figured I should seek out some support.  Again, my goal is to finish a sprint triathlon.... and we'll see from there.

Edited by Splish 2009-08-16 7:06 PM

2009-08-17 7:34 AM
in reply to: #2351964

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada
Subject: RE: New! Sprint triathlon
Welcome to BT!  You've got lots of time between now and next summer to get ready.  I have a similar background to you - competitive swimmer that was ok on the bike but a not so good runner.  My running still isn't where I want it to be but it's come a long way in a year.  Make sure to build your running up slowly to avoid injury and have fun!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New! Sprint triathlon Rss Feed