General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water Bottle Holders for Specilized Transition Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-18 9:13 AM

Subject: Water Bottle Holders for Specilized Transition
Hello,

Got a new Specalized Transition Comp and love it.  Problem is with the setup of the seatpost for Tirathalons I cannot find a double water bottle holder that will mount onto my seat rails as the bulb of the posts sticks out too far.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

2009-08-18 10:33 AM
in reply to: #2355295

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Water Bottle Holders for Specilized Transition
I would go with a Specialized Virtue bottle (21oz) which is designed to fit with the downtube/seattube and if you require more hydration/fuel, I would go with some combination of the following:

* horizontal bottle mounted to aerobars
* aerobottle
* behind the seat carrier

Shane
2009-08-18 11:02 AM
in reply to: #2355295

Extreme Veteran
Minneapolis
Subject: RE: Water Bottle Holders for Specilized Transition
Hingram - 2009-08-18 9:13 AM Hello,

Got a new Specalized Transition Comp and love it.  Problem is with the setup of the seatpost for Tirathalons I cannot find a double water bottle holder that will mount onto my seat rails as the bulb of the posts sticks out too far.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

I use a Xlab carbon wing on my Transition - I sanded down the nubs on the Speshy Tri-tip seat a bit (not a lot) to make it fit better, and thatt works very well. On the frame's downtube, I have a Bontrager aero bottle that I ended up not liking for a hydration option, so I spilt the top of it, and now stuff it with my flat kit contents - works like a champ! 

On the bars, I use either nothing, an aero bottle, or rig a zip-tied bottle cage up there (depending on the race or training ride plan).

Cheers, Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water Bottle Holders for Specilized Transition Rss Feed