General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Double vision after swim Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-24 7:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Double vision after swim
Anyone ever have a problem with double vision after a long swim?  I am swimming further now and after I took off my goggles I had double vision for a good half hour.  Is it the goggles?  I hope not it took 3 pair to find ones that didn't leak.

2009-08-24 11:16 AM
in reply to: #2365961

User image

Elite
Gilbert, Az.
Subject: RE: Double vision after swim
dewcubs - 2009-08-24 5:44 AM Anyone ever have a problem with double vision after a long swim?  I am swimming further now and after I took off my goggles I had double vision for a good half hour.  Is it the goggles?  I hope not it took 3 pair to find ones that didn't leak.

How tight do you crank those things down?

Leakage is not a function of how tight the goggles are, but how well they fit your eye sockets/facial structure. Find a good swimming store or an online retailer that will allow fit/return trials. Since very very few triathletes will ever need to do a racing dive entry, you basically only need about enough pressure from the straps to hold the eye cups in place.

I might also talk with an opthalmologist, even when I had racing goggles cranked tight for 500m races in the pool, I never had double vision afterwards.

John
2009-08-24 11:52 AM
in reply to: #2365961

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Double vision after swim
I sometimes have vision problems after swimming, but I think it has more to do with my neck and migrain headaches.  I think If I would ever learn to breath on both sides it would help this problem.  I am kind of a "goggle collector  " and have about a dozen goggles that I use, always hoping to find the perfect pair!  I can't contribute my problem to the goggles, but really think it is my neck and rolling to breath, sometimes my neck has a kink in it when I'm done swimming, which starts the migraine, headache, double vision thing going.

Edited by gwsrnr 2009-08-24 11:54 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Double vision after swim Rss Feed