Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-06 12:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: Repaired Wetsuit
Thought this might help someone in the future:
From my rr from the Great Illini 1/2 IM:
"Drove down on Friday to pick up packet and make it to the practice swim. During the practice swim I noticed my wetsuit felt really loose. Got back to land and the right sleeve was ripped and a flap of neoprene was flapping around. Probably ripped about 18 inches. There was a small separation, about 2 inches, between the neoprene and the blue stretchy material under the arm before that now had ripped down the arm and up to the neck collar. My 3rd swim in the suit and it looked like garbage. I did some research online and headed to walmart. There were not any dive shops in the area so I called my brother and had him pick up some neoprene cement on his way down. Spent 2.5 hours in the hotel sewing up the rip with dental floss and then took it outside to put the cement over the stitches."

It held perfect and still looks "good."  I wish I'd have taken pics of it before I sewed it.

(wetsuit2-50k.jpg)

(wetsuit1-50k.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
wetsuit2-50k.jpg (53KB - 4 downloads)
wetsuit1-50k.jpg (49KB - 7 downloads)

2009-09-06 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2392286

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Repaired Wetsuit
That was a big rip!  Looks like you did a good job repairing it.  Just don't describe the suit as 'lightly used' when you sell it on ebay.  Wink
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Repaired Wetsuit Rss Feed