General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another swimming disaster Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-08 8:58 AM

Subject: Another swimming disaster
I have not swam in 3 weeks since my last sprint.  So I decided to take a swim in a local lake.  I get to the lake about 7:30.  There was nobody swimming.. But there were a lot of people walking about the beach so i was not completely alone.  It was about 55 degrees out yesterday morning.  No wet suit in the water.. SPLASH... brrrrrrr... Freezing....

Decided to make it a 20 min swim not a 40..  Had a hard time swimming straight.  I was so concerned to stay next to the shore that my hands were hitting the ground as I was swimming..When I did get in deeper water I started to freek because I was really in the water alone... Got out of the water freezing and feeling like I never swam in a lake before...

Good news was I was able to get in a short run and a killer bike ride this weekend... 

2009-09-08 2:19 PM
in reply to: #2394296

Extreme Veteran
West Windsor, NJ
Subject: RE: Another swimming disaster
Do this long enough, you have a bad day now and then. Just stick with it. The cold temps certainly were the culprit here. Was the air temp 55 or the water temp 55? I assume the air temp. How cold was the water?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another swimming disaster Rss Feed