General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthopedic Doc Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-09 5:56 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Orthopedic Doc
Though I am originally from NE, I recently moved back after living in CA for a few years. While I was out there, I had two knee surgeries and I'm still dealing with issues related to my injuries and surgeries that I really didn't anticipate. My CA doc said that I'm probably just going to have to deal with swelling and limitations but suggested I find a doc here that can monitor my problems or give me a cortisone shot if I need it. What I would really like is a doc who might also be able to suggest some ways for me to work on improving my knee issues if possible.It's so hard to find a new doctor in a new place--especially one who is sympathetic to the fact that I don't want to hang out on the elliptical the rest of my life. I would love any suggestions or recommendations.

2009-09-09 9:28 PM
in reply to: #2397677

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Orthopedic Doc
I'm in Omaha, by the way.
2009-09-10 8:01 AM

User image

Veteran
Papillion, NE
Totally different injury but I would look into Ortho West at 144th & Center. I had my rotator and bicep reattached by Kirk Hutton out there. Did a fantastic job. He does only shoulders and elbows but they have others there that specialize in the other body parts.
If you are looking for a PT, I would highly recommend Jerry Jacobi at Excel Physical Therapy, 829-5688.  He works with mostly athletes and got me back up and running with no pain.
My cause of these issues was years of competing in powerlifting and strongman competitions. After almost a year of rehabbing/recovery, I was able to compete again(in a strongman competiton).
2009-09-11 3:31 PM

User image

Elite

Nebraska Orthopedic, 144th & West Center Road.  Dr. Mark Goebel (sp).  He's the areas chief sports ortho pro.  Works on most athletes in the area.

2009-09-14 7:51 AM

Midwest
I am in surgical sales and work with many ortho surgeons in Omaha.  I would be happy to help point you in the right direction, there are a lot of really talented ortho surgeons in Omaha, some specializing in certain areas/conditions. 

Both of the suggestions previously posted are great recommendations.

You can also contact me at [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Good luck,
Tim (mybuddy)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orthopedic Doc Rss Feed