Overall Rank = 7/8
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 27m 59s
  • 1300 yards
  • 02m 09s / 100 yards
Comments:

Felt very constricted in wetsuit. Took wetsuit off when we got out of the water the first time and swimming was much easier. Water wasn't that cold once we got out a short distance.

Swim was shortened due to fog. Not sure of final distance; I'm guessing .8 mile or less.
What would you do differently?:

More practice in wetsuit. Consider not wearing a bra since in an Aquabike I'm not running. That may have been part of the problem.
Transition 1
  • 05m 33s
Comments:

Very slow even though wetsuit was off during the swim because I took time to dry off, especially the legs. I didn't want my feet to be frozen the entire time on the bike. Powdered feet before putting on socks and shoes. Also ate some sport beans and drank some Gatorade.
Bike
  • 4h 54m 34s
  • 56 miles
  • 11.41 mile/hr
Comments:

The area we were in was pretty for the most part. Reasonable signage and directions though by the time I got to the turnaround at far point the police presence was gone. Also the aid station at about mile 17 was gone by the time I got there the third time.
What would you do differently?:

Much more hill work and core strengthening needed.
Post race
Event comments:

Nice small race, about 100 participants including relay teams. I think there were 8 Aquabikers so one didn't finish. I was not the last out of the lake, nor the last one to finish the bike. The one person I passed on the bike was a relay participant who did not do the swim. I was happy to finish. many experienced people commented on the hilliness of the course so I wasn't the only one who felt it. Fairly well organized, nice raffle at the end. Very pretty area and beautiful day once the fog burned off the lake. Not too hot. The oldest women participating were 52, me and one who did the full Half-Ironman.

Last updated: 2009-10-04 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:59 | 1300 yards | 02m 09s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/8
Performance: Below average
Suit: Full wet suit
Course: Out and back twice, getting out on the beach briefly. Lake was very weedy, though they had cleared the course. If you strayed off the course it was pretty disgusting.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 72F / 22C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 05:33
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
04:54:34 | 56 miles | 11.41 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/8
Wind:
Course: 18 mile loop done three times. Much hillier than I expected. Got up to 40 mph going down, but as slow as 4 mph or less on some of the uphills.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Below average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard