General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My kind of silly 5k over the weekend. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-10-05 4:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: My kind of silly 5k over the weekend.

My wife asked me to run in a 5K over the weekend because she really liked the charity.

I knew the race was going to be mostly non runners because there was a really great 5k begin run at the same time only a few miles away. I was kind of excited that I might have a really good standing finish.

Well things started out badly. I forgot to set my alarm and woke about 45 minutes before the race was to start. That was not a bog deal because the race was on about 10 minutes away but it kind of put me in a bad mood.

Get to the race and start checking out the competition and start thinking to my self that I could do really well. I go to line at the start line and no one wants to go to the front. So I start in the front row (never done that before). And the gun goes off (forgot to start my watch as always). The race gets going and I am running in second place for about the first 2 blocks I settle back to 5th when all of sudden the cop car that is supposed to be leading the field gets confused and decides to block the course forcing the runners to make a turn that is not on race map. This turn cut out .3 miles off the course so when we hit the first mile marker I look up at the time by the marker and it says 4:30.

Ended up with a great time but felt I had pretty poor race because my second and third miles where not even close to what I know I can run

Ended up second in my age group so I was kind of happy

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My kind of silly 5k over the weekend. Rss Feed