General Discussion Triathlon Talk » a good feeling Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-29 3:21 PM

Subject: a good feeling
me and my wife Bonnie bought a farm last year,we have been working long and hard at getting it in shape. its really been cutting into my training time . I,ve got my 1st triathlon in 16 years next week,this is a tune-up for my Half Iron in July . I havent been getting the miles in and Im concerned . Today I was going to run a 12 miler,but I have tons of work to do at home . Bonnie suggested a comprimise,run a 8 miler . She dropped me off in the middle of nowhere after we went out for breakfast . I was running along feeling guilty about not being at home getting the work done when I noticed a familar car heading towards me .
Bonnie had went home and brought my dog Chopper (my running partner) back to run with me . she dropped Chopper off ,gave me a fresh water bottle and a big hug and wished me a good run . I felt very good ..I can do this .

2005-05-29 3:27 PM
in reply to: #165210

User image

Expert
Westchester County NY
Subject: RE: a good feeling
You have a wonderful wife. Can't beat the feeling of knowing that your honey is behind you every step of the way. Not everyone's SO would come out with fresh water and the 4 legged running partner. Count your blessings!!!!!
2005-05-29 3:27 PM

User image

enroute to Spokane, WA!

way to go!  running is always easier for me when my dog scout is running ahead of me, pulling on the lead no matter how fast or far i go.  as a matter of fact, i am taking him along with me this afternoon on the second half of my bike-run brick.  he's fun and encouraging.  good luck with your training.

josh

2005-05-29 3:37 PM

User image

Master
Central, IL
It really

is

about the journey and not the destination, isn't it?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » a good feeling Rss Feed